LED Light?Support

1. bp08

bp08 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Just got my Nexus. Absolutely love it.

I was just wondering, is there any way for a LED light to pop up after a text after the screen is off? I always liked this on my old phones so I wouldn't have to constantly turn the screen on to check if I had a text. Very convenient.

Is there anyway to turn something like this on?

Sorry if this has been answered but thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

There is a notification light that blinks on and off even after the screen turns off. LOOK under notifications in settings
  3. bp08

bp08 Well-Known Member

The "Pulse Notification Light" under display? I have that checked, and still nothing.

Can't seem to find anything else under settings.
  4. greggebhardt

DO you have a unread message of text? The light is just under the screen
  5. w0bbl3r

w0bbl3r Well-Known Member

If you want to custom the colors/blink rates, LightFlow is free on the market and works almost perfectly (it gets a little over excited about gtalk).

Otherwise you can set different colours and speeds for different people or programs.
  6. WadeA10

WadeA10 Member

I'm having the same issue, the notification light doesn't appear to actually be working for anything. I don't want to download a third party application for something that is built into the operating system but I can't find the settings for the notification light.
  7. NOVAdroid2151

NOVAdroid2151 Well-Known Member

Can't seem to figure this out either.. have the notification light on in settings, but cannot see it when I receive a text.
  8. mjlavorgna

mjlavorgna Member

same thing was happening to me, couldnt get it working..then suddenly i got a text and it started to flash! :D
  9. juicehead9

juicehead9 Member

Its at the bottem of the screan und where your home butten would be if your screen was on. Get someone to send you a text and wait you should see it.
  10. FAQ

FAQ Member

my led is not showing up/ working. I tried downloading light flow to test. Still no dice.
  11. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

My LED works fine without the lightflow but I must say I like it MUCH better with the app. IMO it flashes way to slow on its own but with lightflow you can speed that little sucker up and change colors for different notifications.
    SPLover likes this.
  12. MajorMullet

MajorMullet Member

I'm having the same issue - downloaded Light Flow as well, still can't get it to go off...
  13. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

It seems that the frequency of the pulse is not high, so maybe waiting a few seconds.
  14. Drfeetseconds

Drfeetseconds Active Member

Does the LED light only work for texts? I swear I never get anything for emails. The only time I've seen it on is some weird rainbow-ey thing that flashes when I do face unlock.
  15. Juansol13

Juansol13 New Member

My LED doesn't seem to be working either. This is my first experience with an Android phone. I've had a blackberry all my life and the LED was set up to notify me when emails, texts, bbms, etc... came in. Is something similar possibly on this phone without downloading an app? So far I haven't even been able to see what the LED on this phone looks like as it doesn't alert me of anything.
  16. FAQ

FAQ Member

Johnny johnny liu sean g kabob and quevedo nick avallone mom ethics serena sum ethics serena meade heather zach erica dad mom zach and steven nick nick mom and dustin gyro dustin kitchen jarty cory hall o'lawrence cunanan liu steven... Thats what using google voice typed instead of;: I turned my phone off and then back on. The LED now works!
  17. MajorMullet

MajorMullet Member

I called my mobile from my home phone hoping that it would flash after a missed call, but it never did anything. The led did light up white when the incoming call screen came up, but I never saw anything after that.
  18. filmorejive89

filmorejive89 Member

I think the LED only pulses when the screen is off.
  19. Drfeetseconds

Mine only seems to pulse for a single cycle once I turn the screen ON. Which is about as useless as it could be . . .
  20. greggebhardt

It should work for any unread texts, alarms, missed call emails, etc. Go into email and hit the menu button and make sure it is set to light up when you have an unread mail. I am on my SG2 today but not sure if their are separate setting for each.
  21. Drfeetseconds

I did a power cycle and just got an email- it cycled once it looks like, then nothing.
  22. nerdstaz

nerdstaz Well-Known Member

Mine is fine...maybe some got a defect? Or have you gotten the update? It is a slower pace and at the bottom, that threw me off. Other than that, works fine for me.
  23. EmotionalNinja

EmotionalNinja Well-Known Member

You don't have an LED anymore from what I have noticed with my phone. The bottom portion of your screen will pulse a white circle when you have a message.
  24. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I didn't notice it when I got email or texts earlier so I tried the lightflow app and it works like a charm. The indicator light is bottom center just above where the micro usb port is. Looks like it times out after a specified amount of time. I will have to look at the settings and see if that can be set. It was just blinking 2 different colors and stopped before I finished typing this.
  25. hitdog042

hitdog042 Well-Known Member

Mine works fine. Nice white light.

It only works if the email or message comes in while the phone is asleep. If u are surfing the web the light won't come on..

Mines flashing right now.