Support LED lights?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by landslide, Nov 5, 2010.

1. landslide

landslide Member

Nov 5, 2010
    i have 2 small what should be LED lights near the earpiece however they have never lit up?

shouldn't they??

Advertisement

2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    That's your light and proximity sensors

3. landslide

landslide Member

Nov 5, 2010
    thank you!~

so.....(not that you would know the answer) there will never be an LED light showing that i missed a call or text? :( maybe with the 2.2 upgrade??

also i have selected the LED notifcation for facebook in the settings however i've never had that light up either.

i did d/l an app for the screen to flash for a missed calls/text. that seems to work fine tho it uses more battery power then a lil LED light.

*sigh

4. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    No, there will never be an led

landslide likes this.
  5. landslide

landslide Member

Nov 5, 2010
    thank you!~

not sure if i can deal with a subpar andriod phone. when my better half has the droid x that really does EVERYTHING!~

sure the fascinate has pretty colors but it kinda ends there!~ :(

6. NOsquid

Sep 11, 2010
    Bring it back and get one that makes you happy

7. landslide

landslide Member

Nov 5, 2010
    i will, i DID like this one(and was willing to wait for the 2.2) but between the email issue, the LED thing, and not seeing the 2.2 upgrade antime soon, i feel i can get more for the money!

boo!~ :(

8. NOsquid

Sep 11, 2010
    2.2 won't do anything revolutionary, if you like the X you should get it

9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    You can add a BackLightNotifications mod. So that missed texts and msgs and stuff will leave your 4 soft keys on.

10. landslide

landslide Member

Nov 5, 2010
    LOL that's the issue i don't like the X but it does A LOT more 8mg pix camera, hdmi, i can watch ustream/video... blah, blah, blah,. it just isn't as pretty as the fascinate. :(

couldn't find that in the app store just the missed message flash(which is what i installed already). is it already on the phone? when i searched google one came up to purchase for $14.99 however it didn't list the schi500?

i just wish i could work out kinks n i would be fine!!~ thank you so much for helping me!!~

11. NOsquid

Sep 11, 2010
    Just go get the X :) you sound very envious. Or wait for the iphone

12. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    No its not an app its something you'll need to root your SF for and then get CWM and then apply it as an add on either in a kernel or a zip.

13. landslide

landslide Member

Nov 5, 2010
    oops meant to quote NOsquid. in post # 11

sorry you feel that way. i just wanted to ask a few questions.

not sure if envious is the right feeling cuz i really don't like the X but what i really want is my phone to keep up with my better halfs phone so i don't have to hear how great the stupid X is...... if we must get personal!!~ :)

14. landslide

landslide Member

Nov 5, 2010
    :eek: so over my head, i just read what root was today..... *sigh* i'm gonna have my better half read this an see what we can do.

thank you both!!~

i really do like the fascinate. i just..........oh i dunno.......

15. NOsquid

Sep 11, 2010
    Don't go hacking your phone if you're not tech savvy, more headaches than its worth. If the X will make you happier just get that. The Incredible is a good phone with great software if you find the X bulky.

I'm not going to type out a photography book, but rest assured megapixels mean nothing and that cell phone images will look crappy whether 2 or 10 megapixels. Yes, nothing. Just take my word for it.

If you want to watch flash video on your phone you can download the Skyfire browser.