LED: missing or broken?Support

1. cheeseinspector

cheeseinspector New Member

Does the Galaxy have an informational* LED? The only Galaxy I've seen is my own, so I don't know if it's broken or just not present.

*(Like for power, charging or phone status. Not the camera flash led, not the backlight led.)

Advertisement
  2. tisti

tisti Well-Known Member

Not there. :(
  3. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

There's no LED. It was a bit of a stupid ommision in my opinion. I guess you would have to use some app to vibrate ever x minutes or something instead.

BTW, the thing you see to the right of the speaker (if you hold it to the light) is a proximity/light sensor. It turns off the screen when your on a call and put your head to the speaker etc - similar to the iphone.
  4. cheeseinspector

cheeseinspector New Member

Wow, I'm really surprised I haven't seen any complaints about the lack of LED. Maybe I'm just trained by my old phones, but not being able to tell at a glance across the room if I have service, or email, or it's charging, is a serious bummer!
  5. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Yeah starnge omission isnt it. The phone could be totally off for all you know!
  6. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member

It's like having no light on the buttons. Is that a Samsung thing that they don't do that, I'm so used to Nokias.
  7. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

oh lol i only just realised this and it is a strange omission indeed

people forget tho, samsung do things in there own way always have done, it took them 3 years to add bluetooth to their phones.
    lights on buttons? rofl samsung with lights on buttons. you are asking for too much there matey
  8. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

I didnt notice for a while either, but I think thats probably because of the case.