LED notification light not working?Support

Last Updated:

1. chr1sny

chr1sny Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

Are your notification lights working? Mine doesnt seem to ever flash when i get emails or gchat messages. I have enabled it in Settings>Sound and Display, I checked off Pulse Notification Light.

Advertisement
  2. NvrEnough

NvrEnough Well-Known Member

Mine isnt either hmmm

3. WeirdAl

WeirdAl New Member

Mine is also not

4. chr1sny

chr1sny Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems to be working now. I see it flashing red due to some gchat messages. Its flashing a very strange pattern though. A few flashes .5 secs apart and then it won't flash for 20 or so seconds.

5. landslide03

landslide03 Member

Mine still isn't working any ideas?

6. cij1916

cij1916 Well-Known Member

No problems with my notification led, sorry

7. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I was having trouble at first too, I was sending my self texts to test it and playing around with the handcent notification light settings and it seems to be working now. I have it set to blue (although it blinks red).

How do you get handcent to make it blue? I've also heard that the light can be purple as well... how do you get it purple?

8. nickw511

nickw511 Active Member

Ummm...did you get a case? Radio Shack stuck an "official" rubberized plastic casing on mine and even though it's made for the Epic there was no hole for the LED (VGA camera yes, but LED no). All the cases on ebay right now also seem to lack the extra hole. I had to look at the users manual to see where the LED was really at.

I drilled a small hole in my case, LED works fine now lol.

SirRicky85 likes this.
  9. camtah

camtah New Member

I just noticed that I have no LED notification at all even though the option is checked. Seems like a trend

10. egiodr

egiodr New Member

Mine works for 10-20 seconds and then stops working....

11. drbunda

drbunda Well-Known Member

My LED is on drugs or something. LOL. It is completely random. It will blink, blink, blink, and then black for 10 seconds....then blink, blink, then spastic two blinks...then black for 20 seconds, then repeat and black for 45 seconds! Then it was just blank for over a minute and a half until another text came through. It blinked again and seemed to go nuts again. WTF?! I can't even figure out the timing of it.

For those of you where it's working, it continuously blinks forever until you check your phone?

12. gtl408

gtl408 Well-Known Member

This made me laugh. I got the same case and was wondering why my LED was broken until I popped off the case. I've since returned it and informed my local Radio Shack. They pulled them all off the shelves. Simply amazing!

13. mikepfly2

mikepfly2 Member

I have the same issue.
    Using Chomp SMS, Touchdown for Exchange and the stock visual voicemail. It will blink red for a while then turn off (even before I ever check the screen).

I really don't care about the color I just want it to blink until I at least turn on the screen and look at my notification bar (like my blackberry).

I'm not using a case. I was going to do a hard reset and try it then as I really didn't take notice of the LED until I installed the extra apps which may mess with the settings?

Pseudo glad to hear it's not just my phone but hopefully it can get corrected (or find an app that will blink until I check the screen).

UPDATE: Seems the blinking is sporadic (and not just turning off as originally thought) as mentioned in earlier posts. If I change the orientation of the phone (ie from lying down to picking up and holding vertically) the notification led will blink red a few times, then turn off. If I put it back down it blinks a few more times then stops. Very very strange.

14. candi3188

candi3188 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried doing the LED test by entering *#0*# into the dialer? I tried doing that and according to the test, my led doesn't work. It did work, but now it doesn't do anything and it seems to be a common issue with the epic. I am starting to wonder if it has anything to with Handcent? Any ideas?

15. dws51

dws51 Member

Not sure if it is the same with the Epic, but on the EVO it will not work if plugged in.

daddyphatsackz likes this.
  16. candi3188

candi3188 Well-Known Member

So, just an update...I'm an idiot. The case I have actually covers it up. Like those above. I figured it out this morning. Oops. Sorry all.

17. sh86

sh86 New Member

Hi All, I was able to get mine to blink continuously for emails (I suppose it will work for SMS as well) by going to menu>settings>sound and display then Uncheck "Power Saving Mode". Hope it works for you as well.:)

18. mynewandroid

mynewandroid Active Member

Two issues for me:

For Texts:

When the phone is on standby and I receive a text, the phone makes a sound and then the LED blinks EXACTLY 5 times and then stops. I have "power saving mode unchecked" as recommended.

For Emails: (IMAP, check every 5 minutes)

I get no notifications (Sound or LED) if the phone is in standby.

19. gabsandme

gabsandme Member

Anything new on this? My led notification won't work, either. (No case, settings are all correct.) Mine behaves exactly as "mynewandroid" has described.

20. the big hurt

the big hurt New Member

Mine does same 5 blinks then nothing.

21. SirRicky85

SirRicky85 Member

I'll 2nd that. I just took of my stupid case that was blocking the led light. What did you used to drill a small hole on your case? I need to do a minor modification too.

22. mokLA40

mokLA40 New Member

By pressing the power button, I can get it to start blinking again but that's hardly useful. Is this a complaint to Sprint, Samsing or Goole to fix this obvious bug??:cool:

23. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Active Member

just found out the only way the led blinks is if the lcd is off...turned of my pop up lcd on setting and it works like a champ.

24. quickstang

quickstang Member

Mine doesn't work either. I was used to the TP2 and when I had it set the way this phone is supposed to function, it would keep blinking until I read my text or what not. This phone blinks 5 times, then vanishes. So if I set the phone down, I have no idea if I have missed something until I wake the phone. The whole reason for that LED notification to keep pulsing is so we DONT have to wake the phone. One major complaint that I so miss from my TP2. I hope there is a release for this because I have found nothing so far to fix it. And I doubt switching to another one will fix it either.

25. leftkidney

leftkidney Banned

I have seen an inconsistency to the blinking also

I have downloaded the gmail app and its sosposta have different colored lights for the messages but I get nothing but red even though I have seen blue, green, orange, and red from random things doing on my phone so I know the colors are there but how to use them

how about full control over these leds for the notifications that would be really nice