LED notification light on the front ?

Last Updated:

1. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

For those (very very few of us) who have played with the Evo, can you tell me if there is an LED notification light on front ? I am referring to when you get a new text message, or a missed call, so you dont have to turn on the screen....

Thanks, and only about 14 days to go ! :D

Advertisement
  2. MCStone

MCStone Active Member

I was curious about this also...
  3. zaltol

zaltol Well-Known Member

Good question. I really love having LED notifications.
  4. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member

great question, I haven't seen any word of this.
  5. MyFishWagon

Honestly, its just so convenient to look at my phone from a distance and be able to tell if I have a missed call or text, without having to always turn the screen on to check. :rolleyes:

I have not seen anything about this, but I believe there isnt any light. Normally, this would actually be a deal breaker for me, but this phone excels everywhere else, that I should be able to get by without the light :)
  6. ashtx07

ashtx07 Well-Known Member

ITA. I really hope it does. It would make it that much better.
  7. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

Yes there is one, I have seen it in a couple of the videos, it's in the top left of the speaker grill.
  8. MyFishWagon

Great, thanks for the response !
  9. zaltol

zaltol Well-Known Member

Awesome!
  10. ashtx07

ashtx07 Well-Known Member

That's a relief!! :D
  11. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I've seen the LED but no idea if it indicates messages or just signal.
  12. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I think there is a green LED for something that you missed and a red charging LED.

But don't quote me on that.
  13. NiCK Crush

That makes sense... I hope so.
  14. rckymtn

rckymtn Well-Known Member

15. MyFishWagon

This would be great. My current phone is permanently blinking green, (indicated phone is on, and in service). It changes to Orange when I receive a text or miss a call.

But if the Evo light is ALWAYS off, until you get a text, it would be better. The constant blinking on my current phone makes me look at it more times than I need to... specially in the dark :rolleyes:
  16. NiCK Crush

constant blinking makes zero sense... what an odd feature. glad I've never had a device that did that.
  17. rckymtn

rckymtn Well-Known Member

This is what i like about the Instinct was the blinking blue star.:)
  18. MyFishWagon

Yes its on my PPC6800 (HTC MOGUL)... its a constant green led. ANd its not a small one like the G1, its a huge light. It pretty much lights my bedroom at night if its real dark with every blink.... :rolleyes:
  19. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

My blackberry blinks blue when connected to bluetooth, red when I have a message or missed call. It would seem weird to have it flash green "just because."
  20. Jonnei

Jonnei Member

I hope its a tri color LED, like the Nexus One. That way it can do a lot of different colors.
  21. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member

There is a program for the mogul made by no2chem (nuerom.com) that will kill the signal LED and let it only blink when there is a purpose (new sms, email, missed call, etc). He has a program where you can control the different LEDs for different events. For example, make it blink blue (Mogul has a blue LED too) for a new email.

Sorry to go into that on an Android forum. I created an earlier version of the program for the Mogul (stroths LED Killer) before no2chem perfected it.
  22. hopalee

hopalee Well-Known Member

Hey guys and dolls, HTC.Evolution just said in his review thread that it does have an LED notification for e-mail. Still waiting for him to confirm if it's for texts and calls as well, but I don't see why it wouldn't.
  23. Jeph Ghost

Jeph Ghost Well-Known Member

The LED goes orange when charging, solid green when full. It flashes green when you have missed something. I'm pretty sure there is a control for it in settings.
    mrk and hopalee like this.
  24. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

Will the notification LED flash for more than 5 min. With or w/o 3rd party apps?

Thanks!
  25. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i suspect it is like the HTC Hero...

LED Notification = YES
    Green blinking = missed something: call, email, text..etc
    time of notification = 5 mins then stops!!!
    Orange solid = charging
    Orange blinking = battery low

i read on a thread, that android was programed only to 5 mins of notification. Not sure why. Maybe 2.2 will change that up.