LED NotificationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Aries859

Aries859 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I know that the LED is supposed to flash green when you have a notification, text, missed call, whatever. My question is does anyone's LED actually flash is the phone is sleeping? I figured that even though the screen was off the light would flash so you could tell something was there without having to turn the screen on, but I haven't noticed it. As soon as I turn the screen on, that is when it seems that the light will flash.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Advertisement
  2. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

on my Eris I had to increase the led time to get it to work, but that's an Eris not incredible so I'm not saying its the same thing

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

3. Aries859

Ok, so you have any idea how to do that on the Incredible? What steps did you take to do that on the Eris?

4. 150_cav

well I use handcent and in the handcent app you can change a ton of settings, are you using handcent or do you want to stick with the stock HTC message app?

5. Aries859

Right now it is stock. I have considered handcent, just haven't taken the time to download it and give it a shot. Maybe I will download that and play around with it.

Thanks

6. 150_cav

handcent is neat but the only thing that sucks is it doesn't replace the HTC app it runs on top of it taking up more RAM

7. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Mine flashes while it's off but compared to my Droid, LED notification is a weak point on the Incredible. Handcent gives the ability to customize LED colors but the Incredible doesn't have a multicolor LED.

Guess it's another thing I have to adjust to.

8. 150_cav

I feel ******ed, I forgot the incredible has a trackpad instead of the ball and I'm sure the pad doesn't light up while the ball does

sorry

9. dvdivx

dvdivx Well-Known Member

Mine only lights up if the phone is charging. Otherwise it doesn't but I have texting disabled on my account due to spam problems.

10. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

i've noticed this too. the led seems buried under the glass and isn't as bright as the droid. also a little miffed that you can't customize the color of the led on the incredible. not deal breakers, but different from what i was used to on the droid.

11. jgrotkier

jgrotkier Member

Coming from a Storm 2 with BerryBuzz installed, this is very frustrating.

The LED never seems to blink for my gmail emails, and it's almost impossible to see for other types of messages...and the lack of colors makes it hard to differentiate message types. I like to glance down at my phone and know what kind of message is waiting without unlocking my phone.

12. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

the led colors were very useful for that on my droid and tour. at least you can bypass the lock screen with the free application screenmodewidget from the market. that way you can press a button to wake up the screen without having to unlock it and look at your notification bar to see what you have waiting. not an optimal solution, but no options yet. :|