LED NotificationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone's LED notification work? Mine and my wife's are set to on, but neither one of ours does anything. Anyone have the same problem?

Advertisement
  2. Eshyn

Eshyn Well-Known Member

Mine's a little weak and difficult to see at an angle. That's my only complaint regarding the LED.

3. fish2587

fish2587 Well-Known Member

yeah it's pretty tiny but it works. though i'm wondering if there's a time limit set for how long it will flash with a notification. i recieved gmail earlier today but the LED wasn't flashing (phone was asleep when i ended up checking it) but then i got a gmail again and it flashed so i'm wondering if it eventually just stops.

4. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

Coming from bb Tour, the led is basically non-existant lol. On my Tour, you could change the led color for different applications and even different contacts. It was also visible from across the room :). One of the features I loved. Maybe somebody will come out with a similar app for inc.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Once we are rooted we'll be able to control it's color. The brightness, probably not. I think the LED is fine though.

6. ffeingol

ffeingol Well-Known Member

Yea, the LED is really weak compared to the ones on the berries.

7. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

Mine has been working fine. The smaller LED is one thing I really like on this phone. It doesn't light up the whole room when it goes off.

8. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

I think there is a timer on how long it will flash - which to me kinda takes away the point of the LED flash in the first place. It's supposed to alert you to a missed call/email/text - why only for the first 30 minutes?

Anyway, coming from a BB pearl flip, there are very few things I preferred about the BB, but one of them was the LED flashing alert. Also, the music/MP3 player on the BB was better too. So far, those would be my only two complaints as I go off topic.

9. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Not if the LED is bicolored, which I believe it is.

10. ffeingol

ffeingol Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the LED can do at least 2 colors as it's orange now (charging) and green (from memory) when I get an alert. I just liked the bigger berry LED I could glance across the room (leaving phone on nightstand etc.) and see if I had a message/alert etc.

11. woop

Red, green, and red+green=orange?

12. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

It's a standard Red, Green and Blue, so it can actually make every color

13. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

the fact that we don't have more control over led color is annoying to me. at least with my droid you don't have to be rooted for programs like handcent and touchdown to change the color and behavior of the led. either way, hopefully we get more stock android options for the led notification in the future.

14. woop

Link? I could have sworn I read it was a bicolor LED. Maybe faulty info though, but it would be great if it were a RGB LED.