LED Notifications Last Only 5 Minutes?General

Last Updated:

1. Jayinla

Jayinla Member This Topic's Starter

Hi...I'm curious to know if there is a way to increase the LED notifications for emails and texts to anything more then 5 minutes. It seems kinda pointless to notify for only 5 minutes especially if you are away from your phone or did not hear any notifiers. After 5 minutes you will still need to unlock the phone to check for something. I have just moved from the Motorola Droid to the Incredible and noticed that the Droid's LED notification blinked until the message was open regardless of that duration. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. booser4

booser4 Well-Known Member

This is an issue that has been identified by multiple people. Hopefully HTC / Verizon will put out an update that fixes it soon. Not a horrible bug, but yea its fairly ******ed.

3. msingewald

msingewald Member

The other problem is how weak the LED is. It is hardly noticeable after coming from a Blackberry. Small issue is that the LED won't blink if you are charging.

jeffsu28 and Steel36 like this.
  4. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

Yeah it is a little frustrating. even my old enV 2 had a reminder for texts and voicemail... hopefully an update takes care of this...

5. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I think it may be a battery saver to only indicate/blink for 5-10 minutes, lets face it people who are away from their phone, or were unable to monitor their phone for 10 minutes or more, check it. i know people who check their phone constantly, or who are constantly on their phone, texting, web, email, or talking.

I find it to be a non-issue, i do think the option to have a timer, 10, 20, 30, or 60 minutes could of been a feature.

6. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

I think that if they're looking at blinking led's as a battery saver, they're starting on the wrong end of the issue.

7. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

I agree with all the above :) frustrating but not a major issue for me

8. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

i agree as well thee led should be able to blink for as long as the user wants it to. also i don't get any notifications at all while its plugged in at night when i'm sleeping which kinda sucks.

9. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Agreed!