• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LED Notifications

phonesex

Jan 11, 2010
Trying to figure out what types of notifications make use of the LED.

So far i've found.

1. Charging- Amber when charging
  2. Charging- Green when charged 100%
  3. Low battery- Blinking red
  4. Default GMAIL app blinks green with new email (and no way to turn it off?)
  5. Facebook App- Can utilize LED for notifications (at least there is a setting for it- have not tested)
  6. Voicemail- this one is odd. Seems to blink the led green for about 2 minutes and then it turns off?
I wish there was a more defined notification standard for the Eris/Android. Seems some apps can use the trackball for notifications (missed calls, voicemail, SMS, Email, etc. and some apps can make use of the LED.

Please add to the list and/or correct if you find other system or applications that make use of the LED for notifications

I'm not trying to be nasty, but Google it. If you think there is more information, go to google.com and see what you can find.

Umm I did use the sweet new search engine Google.com and found no info hence the reason I posted to an ANDROID forum to see what my fellow Eris owners have to say.

Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing you Douchebag

Upvote 0
Umm I did use the sweet new search engine Google.com and found no info hence the reason I posted to an ANDROID forum to see what my fellow Eris owners have to say.

Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing you Douchebag

Your earlier comment ("c'mon....people must have some more info on this. :D") seemed to imply members of this site are withholding information just for the sake of doing it.

As for the Googling the answer you can't find here, when I typed in "droid eris" "led notification," Google returned 199 responses from a variety of sources. Maybe one of them has the answer for which you are searching.

Again, I was not trying to be smug or nasty. There is no need for the last comment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones