1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

LED NotificationsGeneral

1. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

This isn't the biggest problem but it is an annoyance.

I have my email program (MailDroid) set to have LED notification in Blue and I have my Calendar Alert Program (Calendar Event Reminder) set to notify me in yellow and they both are suppose to blink. Instead the S3 LED is red and solid for both notifications.

Anyone have suggestions (both apps worked fine in my Droid Bionic)?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

Hard to assist without knowing which program you are using for LED notifications (Lightflow?) , are you on a stock ROM, are you rooted (assuming you are), which version of the app are you on (if you are using Lightflow, the lastest update is messed up for US version of the S3), etc.

More info the better.

By the way, if you are rooted, you should download the AOKP ROM on the XDA website. No need for an app to change the LED notifications. AOKP has it built in and you can make any led notificatiin for any app and blink at any speed.
  3. neil154

I am not using any LED app (Tried lightflow but uninstalled it since it did not seem to solve the issue). My S3 is stock ROM and not rooted.

The LED setting that are not working properly are from within the email app and the calendar event app.
  4. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

That won't work. Since you are stock, the apps you are using are conflicting with the built in led notifications. You either need to turn the settings off in you apps and use the stock led settings, don't use led notifications at all, or root and use an app like lightflow (version 3.0.5 works with US S3's) or a ROM lime CM10 or AOKP that have customizable led notifications built in.

Blame Samsung for limiting the led software in stock ROM.
  5. neil154

Okay,thanks I am giving up and will live with the issue.
  6. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Somehow Samsung screwed up the color mappings in the us version. Most carriers have already issued an update to fix. Verizon has not. If you are rooted lightflow will correct it she now.
  7. neil154

lexluthor - thanks for the response, I guess I will wait for the Verizon patch
  8. dracozny

dracozny Well-Known Member

lightflow is quite buggy. its actually caused led notifications that make no sense whatsoever compared to the settings.
  9. lexluthor

Our works great for me in root mode on my Verizon gs3
  10. neil154

I am not rooted, mine is a stock Verizon S3
  11. pappcam

pappcam Well-Known Member

Lightflow is garbage on the S3. I want my money back.
  12. 8Ball

8Ball Well-Known Member

The in app settings work on mine. Handcent SMS changes the LED color no problems on my UK stock S3.
  13. lexluthor

International version never had this issue. US Versions all did, some carriers have since patched. Verizon has not yet, though, the leaked Jellybean does resolve LED issues (mismapping of colors and no blinking).
  14. eighteesix

eighteesix Member

S3 on AT&T also has this issue. No patching that I can tell.
  15. neil154

Hopefully when we get JB update it will solve the minor issue