• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LED problem (root related)

nathan312

Android Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2010
Georgia
I have cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2 installed from ROM manager. I just realized yesterday that my LED won't flash. Is this caused by his ROM? I DID do a "stress test" on my kernel and then it froze and shut off...got too hot i think. I can't remember if the LED wasn't working before or after this. Would this cause it to break, the act of overheating and shutting off? I don't want to have to return my phone AGAIN lol!

EDIT: Just tried another test to see if it is broke. (Keep in mind, I'm not sure if you have to have it plugged in) But regardless...I plugged in my phone to charge, and went into "Quick Boot" and then hit recovery. Of course, LED went red...why won't my SMS go blue like I have it set. I have both Handcent and stock Messaging app installed. I have tried both!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones