Led

Last Updated:

1. Revolverdt99

Revolverdt99 Member This Topic's Starter

so im aware that the standard LED light is white and only white. but if u have good lighting u see another possible light to the left of that.....what is that used for?

Advertisement
  2. jimantics

jimantics Member

That's prolly the ambient light sensor or something but not and LED. They should have put in a multicolored LED that you could set to alert you to the status of different things. I love the cliq but I miss that feature and some others that were on my Sidekick.

3. BossyBBri

BossyBBri Active Member

I know certain applications let you change the LED indicator for different colors. Like for instance I use Chomp SMS and the settings allowed me to have a Magenta LED for incoming txt msgs... now sure if there's an app that lets you change the LED in general though...

4. jimantics

jimantics Member

Those apps are designed for other phones, not just the Cliq. I thought the same thing at first and tried the different settings but have never seen the LED any color except white. I see it as a design flaw.

5. BossyBBri

BossyBBri Active Member

Yeah I just noticed that too! I'm use to the MyTouch, I switched it for a Cliq... hmmm that is a bit disappointing :-(

6. coasterman927

coasterman927 Well-Known Member

The little "light" to the left is either the light sensor like said above (senses if it's dark/light outside), or the proximity sensor that turns off the screen when it's close to your ear during a phone call.

I do wish the phone had a multi-colored LED though =[.