Led?General

1. mikadad

mikadad Active Member

Is there a LED notification on the Notes?

Advertisement
    :
  2. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

No.

But there are apps that makes the menu and back button light up as notification I think...
    mikadad likes this.
  3. zds

zds Member

This is where I miss my BlackBerry.
    No notification LED!
  4. ileah

ileah Member

yea there is and i dont like that it lights up my screen when i get a text. any way to disable this?

But there are apps that makes the menu and back button light up as notification I think...[/QUOTE]
  5. Galaxynote_guy

Galaxynote_guy Well-Known Member

6. Gti fly

Gti fly Well-Known Member

NO LED I've tried it, but it saps the battery power away completely
  7. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

I tried No LED too and found that it used too much battery. I would be interested to know the name of any program which makes the menu and back button light up please. Do they stay lit or do they blink?
  8. Galaxynote_guy

Galaxynote_guy Well-Known Member

Interesting that your experience of No LED is that it drains the battery. I've used it fro a while now and the missus and we don't see any dicernable loss of battery. Maybe you have all the settings set to full bore :)
    I think that it is worth looking at the settings and only having those options ticked and enabled that you actually use. For example, turn of the weather updates.... No need for it, look out the window :)
    Change the frequency of the polling from every 1 min to 5 min or longer, Have it hibernate at night between say 21:00hrs and 07:00hrs.... There are loads of settings like that which when turned off or down will increase batterly life :D
    Pinmac1 likes this.
  9. Pinmac1

I did give NoLed another go and it used 29% of my battery within a few hours, going from 90+ to 67% so I uninstalled it again. I did have a look through the settings and turned off what I thought appropriate. I use Widgetlocker and I found that when I got a NoLed icon up on the screen after a notification I couldn't get the screen to respond for about 20 seconds.

Still interested to know the name of any app which uses the Menu or Back lights instead?
  10. Raj Sekhar

Raj Sekhar Well-Known Member

BLN is the app that lits up menu and back button when you get a notification
    But you need to be rooted and should be on custom kernel to use it
    Pinmac1 likes this.
  11. Pinmac1

OK, thanks. I'm not rooted unfortunately.
  12. newbie4

newbie4 Well-Known Member

I think this not done by Samsung and others because of the patents that have not benefited the customers and I am sure those patents got the cost for the phones so high.
  13. Bodestone

Bodestone Well-Known Member

SIII has an LED as do other Samsung phones. Looks like the Note 2 doesn't have one either though. Doesn't really bother me.
  14. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

15. Bodestone

Bodestone Well-Known Member

Ah, now I know where to look I can just spot it on the pictures I was looking at.