leds blinking rapidlySupport

Last Updated:

1. kcufdb8

kcufdb8 New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. monmur

monmur Well-Known Member

Just got my phone and this is happening to me too. It happens whether or not I have auto brightness on or off. Qwerty keyboard also blinking haphazardly. Was thinking of returning phone to sprint store and getting another to see if the problem is with the hardware or I just got a bum phone.

3. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Well-Known Member

Personally I would first unroot the phone and then take it to the Sprint store and tell them everything in detail, try to refrain from talking about the R word (rooting) when talking to the Sprint representative, rooting nulls your warranty for your phone. Best of luck.

[TheAndroid]

4. monmur

monmur Well-Known Member

Thank you! I'm new to smartphones (just ditched my old LG enV), so I'll have to figure out this unrooting business and then will take it in (without mentioning the R word). Thanks again!

5. [TheAndroid]

If you have any problems unrooting, send me a message, Id be glad to help. :)

[TheAndroid]

6. SamsungTransform

SamsungTransform Member

I have this problem as well. Is anyone else using a leather case with a magnet snap on it? I asked the sprint manager and he says it wouldn't damage the phone, but a day after i start using it this happens...

7. monmur

monmur Well-Known Member

Nope, my phone is still naked! No case, cover or screen protector yet.

8. SamsungTransform

SamsungTransform Member

I reset to defaults and it fixed my problem. I would suggest copying your contacts somewhere first because I made that mistake and lost them..

9. [TheAndroid]

Sync your contacts to your Google account. Once you sign in to your phone again using your Gmail, you'll be able to sync your stored contacts to your phone.

10. Maticuno

Maticuno Member

The Transform has a status LED? Apparently mine came without. I've never seen any LED light up on the phone, other than the camera flash and the keyboard backlight. I don't even see an option in the menu that deals with a status LED. Maybe that's why I don't experience much battery drain?

11. nstg8r

nstg8r Well-Known Member

I have no status led either.

12. Squeeken

Squeeken New Member

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I am having the same problem. My Transform keyboard backlighting and 4 soft touch keys on the face of the phone all blink rapidly when I press a key or slide the keyboard in and out, but they will not stay on steady, making it impossible to use the keyboard at night.

I did a hard reset on the phone which solved the problem, but now, a day later, the problem is back.

I do not want to keep reseting my phone and lose all my data each time. HELP!

13. Squeeken

Squeeken New Member

Okay, I may have found a solution to this. In SETTINGS > SOUND & DISPLAY, I had my "Keyboard Timeout" set on "Same As Screen Timeout". I changed this to "1 minute". So now my screen timeout is set to 10 minutes and Keyboard timeout is set to 1 minute. Now the lights are working properly.

I am trying to duplicate the problem so that I can see if this solution will fix it again, but so far I can't duplicate the problem. If anyone else has this problem, could you please try this fix, and post here whether or not it worked, Thanks.

OctobersCJB, thrawn_aj and konnerth like this.
  14. speeder760

speeder760 Well-Known Member

I had this problem with my phone before I even rooted it so its not the root that's causing it, I fixed it by changing my blacklight timeout setting I think....if I remember correctly

15. konnerth

konnerth New Member

I had a similar problem, and changing keyboard timeout from "same as screen timeout" back to a time setting also solved the problem for me. Ironically, I had recently set it this way because the backlight behind the four function keys kept going off faster than the physical keyboard backlight did. It worked briefly but then I had no light a day later (the phone may have restarted in between).

The problem was that the backlight on function keys and keyboards was off at all times. The lighting would flicker when I was touching the keys, yet remain off.

This is a Samsung Transform; just recently purchased. Thanks Squeeken!

16. thrawn_aj

thrawn_aj Member

Hours of searching for this fix and you finally have it! :D Works like a charm. I should mention, my mom had the same issue with her phone (same model) and I had her do the same thing and it worked again. Very reproducible! A million thanks to you kind sir :D!!!

The details: screen Timeout set to 10min, keyboard timeout was set to "same as screen timeout". Changed keyboard timeout to 1min and the flickering stopped. SoftKeys were fine, keyboard backlight also fine.

Then, I changed the keyboard timeout BACK to "same as screen timeout" and the problem did not come back. So, whatever it was, just went away. I'm going to keep it as is. I know it's not an app conflict because my mom has no apps installed (besides the default ones it came with).

I'm curious to see if (with the settings I have now - the ones that caused the problem?) the problem comes back after a reboot. Anyway, hope this helps. Note that the problem was not solved with a reboot.

I had called Sprint technical support and explained the issue thoroughly - he was quite certain that it was a hardware problem (probably wiring) and I should take it in to be replaced. Weird. I should probably call back - save them some money :p

17. yaralop

yaralop New Member

I look everywhere on the internet to fix this problem and you gave me the solution. I did what you told to did and it works fine, I hope that this continue to works. Thanks God bless

18. Cooper271

Cooper271 Well-Known Member

I believe they are referring to the soft touch buttons.