• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LeeDrOiD 2.3 Gingerbread Available

Thanks Man Very Usefull
img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

Upvote 0
its not odd, its was 2.1a like 2 months ago and it was running 2.2 froyo

his build started at 1 and worked up like nearly every other rom maker

I haven't been following it, but now you mentione it, I remember a thread with 1.8 mentioned in it.

Its just its been 2.2 for what seems like ages. I thought they were all going to be 2.2 until gingerbread.

Anyway, bored of leedroid now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi All,

Still bit of a noob and I have a small problem that I hope some kind soul could help me with.

Rooted and flashed Leedroid Rom 2.2F with ext partition all successfully.

Today I decided to reflash with this 2.3 Leedroid, so I did a Nandroid backup and flashed the new rom. All seemed o.k., so I rebooted into recovery and applied the backup, again all fine.

On reboot, under 'about phone' it says I am still on Leedroid 2.2F build 2.10.405.2.

Is this because I have applied the backup, and if so how do I get my settings back after the new rom flash?

Thanks in advance for all your help in this forum it has been invaluable reading in the last week and has helped me progress from a 'know nothing' into just a noob!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again to you all.

bishy.

Upvote 0
You applied the nandroid backup? Then that's the reason: a nandroid is a snapshot of your phone at the moment the backup is taken, so restoring the backup puts you back to the rom/data/settings you had when you took the backup.

So, how to move to 2.3 and keep your settings? There are two options (and as you have a working nandroid you can try whichever you like, as you can always go back :) ):

1) You are just upgrading from one recent LeeDroid to another, so you may well be OK to flash it without a wipe first. In that case your settings etc will still be there.

2) Use Titanium Backup to back up your apps and settings, then wipe, flash, and restore from titanium.

I think that's where your confusion was: nandroid and titanium are different types of backup, and it was titanium that you wanted. But taking a nandroid as well as titanium before flashing is a very good idea - if something goes wrong and you can't boot, a nandroid will get you back to a running phone, which a titanium backup can't do!

Upvote 0
Hi Hadron,

Thanks for the help, now that you tell me, I feel a bit of a fool, so as you have advised, I have backed up my data (again!!!!!) with Titanium, reflashed the new 2.3 Rom, restored from Titanium and now all is well.

Thanks again for the fast reply and the help, it is gratefully received.

I am slowly gaining valuable knowledge thanks to all of you very helpful and patient people here.

While I am here, thanks also to Danfrance for his 'rooting' FAQs, they also have been invaluable.

Speak to you all soon.

bishy.

Upvote 0
^^^ I'd like to second the words by Bishy above. Without the advice of guys here and also over on XDA, I wouldnt be running 2.2f, so thanks.

I've only been on Leedriod about a week now and will need to get 2.3! So Titanium it is then. Can anyone confirm if this is a wipe, or just flash over 2.2??

On the 2.3 point, surley 2.2g would make more sense as its not gingerbread, but as its Lees ROM, he can call it whatever he likes! Same way as the other devs name their ROMs.

Upvote 0
I see LeeDroid 2.3a is now up! Got a few fixes and can be flashed over 2.3.

Check the XDA thread..

[FroYo Sense] LeeDrOiD V2.3a (14/12 l Official l OC&UV l FAST l STABLE l WWE) - xda-developers

I'm going to flash 2.3 over 2.2f without a wipe, let's see what happens.....

EDIT: OK, flashed LeeDroid 2.3 over 2.2f without wipe, rebooted, flashed the 2.3a patch, rebooted, and everything seems to be working exactly as it was before. All apps, settings, data etc are still there without having to restore anything from Titanium. As a precaution against SIM lock (I have an orange SIM and my Desire is ex-Orange 2.2 branded) I removed the SIM first.

The Super Circle Battery is gone so I'll need to flash that again.

All I can say it it worked for me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones