LeeDroid - experience so far

1. Pothers

Pothers Well-Known Member

Not that I can tell so far. He's used the BFS kernel in this build.

I only installed this one as I was getting FC when going on certain web sites that used flash.
    El Presidente likes this.
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Cheers, if you notice massive improvements, let me know and I'll download and install.
  3. MaxyDad

MaxyDad Well-Known Member

Hi all. I haven't moved on since 3.1.3. Going on an overseas trip, and I don't want any ROM probs while I'm away, so I'll see where we are when I get back. (Tempted to flash 3.2.0, though, so I might do it anyway.)

Maxy
  4. El Presidente

It is addictive!

Enjoy your trip. :)
  5. Pothers

Yet another update from Leedroid, released 3.2.1 today. And its available to download from Rom manager. So thought I'd give it a go. Everything went very well except that I only had about 9% batt, so I plugged my charger in thinking that would be ok. Not realising that it doesn't charge whilst doing the backup and flashing process ( well the batt charge indicator went out ), so I was keeping eveything crossed that it didn't shut down part way through:eek:

Must say this is the best version so far, very smooth and quick, and with the sense3 all in one on top ( also downloaded through Rom manager ) is, so far, well worth the 3rd update in as many days
  6. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I bet you were bricking it!!!

Nice one... think I've decided that, when I've got 5 mins to sort it AND my battery's fully charged, I'm going for LeeDroid next! :D
    Pothers likes this.
  7. Pothers

D-U-R-X , Really don't know what you mean, I was as cool as a cucumber:cool:
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  8. D-U-R-X

If I could "like" posts, instead of only "thanking" them, then this would get a massive LIKE... cool as a cucumber... I BET!! :eek:
  9. Pothers

All right maybe not, I just blamed the smell on the dog:rolleyes:
  10. Pothers

I'm going to try wiping the batt stats once my phone is Fully charged. Proberbly a stupid question but do you unplug the charger before you clear the stats or after, or doesn't it matter
  11. SB13X

SB13X Well-Known Member

You keep plugged in until you boot into CWM recovery (done once CurrentWidget displays 0mA) as soon as your in CWM unplug and delete stats, boot up and let it drain and die, charge fully and boot up again and voila your all good to go.
    Pothers likes this.
  12. Pothers

Cheers Stu
  13. El Presidente

Which Kernel are you using?
  14. Pothers

Using the one that came with the rom, 3.1.6-BFS
    El Presidente likes this.
  15. El Presidente

Cheers. I realised after I posted that's the one that comes with the ROM too :eek:
  16. MaxyDad

Couldn't resist. Flashed 3.2.1 and the new all-in-one. Loving it, but the resolution is ever-so-slightly out on the rosie. Once that's done it be great. In the meantime, seems could and smooth. Will see about batt life.

Maxy
  17. El Presidente

Thought you might ;)
  18. D-U-R-X

Did you d/l Leedroid through ROM Manager or through his website?

Had a look quickly last night - LeeDroid, Sense 3.0 all in one pack, 2 different kernals and a "convert DHD to Inspire 4G pack" are all on there... just wondered if I should get them through ROM Manager or go direct to his site!??!
  19. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Are there version numbers? Just go with the most recent.
  20. El Presidente

I always go direct through the site. Generally speaking, I'll only download the ROM, but I did the Sense 3.0 stuff once.
  21. D-U-R-X

Yeah -most recent versions

Will probably do that then, although I did use ROM Manager to d/l CM7, you're probably right... at least that way you don't have to worry about anything going wrong - download, put on root of SD card and then reboot into CWM.

:)
  22. El Presidente

I wouldn't say it's massive, but I am potentially getting pretty bad battery drain on the latest version. I normally lose 6-7% during , but I woke up this morning and it was double that. I'll give it a few days before I say for sure though.
  23. D-U-R-X

If I find it too bad though, I can always go back to CM7! :)
  24. Pothers

I downloaded 3.2.1 through rom manager, which went flawlessly. But he's updated the kernel and I now have a rom manager notification which I can't get rid off. When I click on it the only options are to download. Ok, or cancel, but the notification remains. Anyone any idea how to get rid of it without downloading it.
  25. MaxyDad

Lol - I have no discipline.:D

I've actually found battery life to be pretty good. Sitting on my desk, with wifi on, it's losing about 1%/hour. That's as good as it's ever been for me.

Lost about 2% overnight with wifi off - about the same as with airplane mode on with the previous install (version 3.1.3).

If the 3D rosie could be cleaned up a bit (scrolling wallpaper and 800x480 resolution), it'd be perfect.

Maxy