• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LeeDroid - experience so far

I definantly have radio s-off and eng-soff don't I ? I'm pretty sure I did otherwise I wouldnt have been able to install leedriod? Yeah but part from that looks easy...

S-OFF yeah, you wouldn't have been able to install the ROM without it.

If you followed the sticky in the Root Subforum, you should have ENG S-OFF too.

Upvote 0
All done. Radio was easy just have to make sure you do the checksum procedure first!!!
Should I go to sense 3.0 what's the dif ?
Where can I get one of those cool banners cubz :)

I didn't go the md5 checksum, but I'm the type of guy that takes risks lol

I only have Sence 3.0 addon because it looks good but it does cause quite a lot of lag now and again that can get very very annoying

Here are the LeeDroid banners I created...

LeeDroid-Banner-1.png

Code:
http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae140/cubz90/LeeDroid/LeeDroid-Banner-1.png

LeeDroid-Banner-Sense-1.png

Code:
http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae140/cubz90/LeeDroid/LeeDroid-Banner-Sense-1.png

I create images in PhotoShop for Android Forums users and XDA users free of charge, but can only create them in my free time. So if you want something in particular (Android related only) just give me a shout :)

Upvote 0
Just read now that Leedroid has updated from 3.2.1 to 3.3.1.

Do u guys recommend flashing the updates as they come out. Seems like you would be doing it every week or so! Im pretty happy with my phone the way it is... any discernable benefits of 3.3.1?

Theoretically though.. Id do a titantium backup before flashing and and restoring from there would just restore to exactly how it was prior to flashing the new update right? home screen layouts and all! Quite painless it seems?

Upvote 0
Just read now that Leedroid has updated from 3.2.1 to 3.3.1.

Do u guys recommend flashing the updates as they come out. Seems like you would be doing it every week or so! Im pretty happy with my phone the way it is... any discernable benefits of 3.3.1?

Theoretically though.. Id do a titantium backup before flashing and and restoring from there would just restore to exactly how it was prior to flashing the new update right? home screen layouts and all! Quite painless it seems?

I think 3.3.1 uses the new 2.50.405.2 base. The WiFi has been fixed along with a number of other issues. There have been GPS Issues reported in the vodafone version of the release but I'm not sure if they're present in HTC's base version and/or if Lee fixed them for his release.

There's no harm in taking a backup, but you don't need to. Going from one version of LeeDroid to another, unless he specifically says so, you can just flash the new version over the top of the old one. Just drop the zip on to the SD Card, boot into clockwork, backup your existing ROM, then select install from zip. Because his ROM doesn't touch certain parts of the phones internals, it doesn't touch things like app settings, home screen layouts etc.

Have a look through the thread, see what folk are saying about the new version, if there are any common problems etc. Given you don't lose anything when upgrading, there's no harm in going for it. If backed up, your old ROM is only a restore away.

Reactions: ryu88
Upvote 0
This of any use? It's not widgetlocker, but looks to serve the same function and the style you're looking for.

Never used it, pinched from another thread. ;)

That looks like it has potential. Although I've disabled the lock screen on my phone now, since it was a bit excessive having the winamp screen, lock screen and pin screen just to get into the phone :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones