LeeDroid v2.0, A2SD+

Last Updated:

1. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's done. It took me many hours getting around some rather silly little errors and stuff but I have root.

So let me just make sure I have this all correct...

Clockworkmod Recovery is a small program that's installed on a partition on the Phones internal memory that will run right off the bootloader and allows you to easily work on your main OS partition (like flashing new ROMs, themes etc) right?

Flashing new ROMs is as simple as dropping the zip files on your SD card and using Clockworkmod recovery to install them?

Right. OK it's pretty straight forward. So I'm using LeeDroid at the moment and it seems alright. I've put an EXT partition on my SD card for Apps but I can't figure out how to actually put them there? Or does it do it automatically?

Now, what happens if I want to change ROM? I know the process, but I have loads of apps and settings that I really don't wanna have to redo everytime I reload a ROM. Is there a way of preserving apps, settings etc when you flash new ROMs?

Oh and can anyone else suggest any alternative to LeeDroid that I can check out. Just wanna make sure I get something I really like and I know there are a few around.

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Yes the apps2sd go to the card automatically.

You need titanium backup to save your apps for reinstalling, it can also save your settings too.

As for other roms i use neophyte rom & i have also used Nextsense but this has changed name to AuraxTsense, this is also by neophyte his roms are very stable.
    Some people swear by defrost not that i have used it yet.

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

a2SD+ is automatic. If you install "android mate" which is a kind of file explorer, and browse to data/app (on the phone not sd card) you will see the address bar changes to an SDcard location.

I like defrost, but its a non-sense rom. Nexus 1 port in fact. If you run launcher pro, its a good choice. The status bar is silver but you can install a HTC status bar via the defrost setup app or change it to a colour of your choice via cyanogenmod settings. You can also download overclock kernels via the defrost set up. Its fast and stable.

Some roms you can install over each other without a data wipe, but sometimes there are issues and you have to go back and restore (Always make a nandroid backup via rom manager) then wipe and reinstall.

If you have to wipe, you can backup prior with titanium backup, which will backup your apps, data and settings. be careful not to overwrite system files though.

Hope this helps.

If you do go to Defrost, you will need to wipe if LeeDroid is a sense rom.

4. Burrid

Burrid Well-Known Member

How is battery life with auraxtsense rom?

5. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok thanks guys.

So you're saying that if I do wipe but use titanium backup I can just restore all my apps and settings over the top of my newly installed ROM? Even down to LP homescreen setups and stuff?

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Ive never manager to get LP to restore properly with titanium to be honest. I get lots of "problem loading widget" and force closes. I don't put a lot of stock in it, but its a must have back up.

Ive seen mybackup restore homescreens, but only sense. Maybe LP works too. Get the trial and check it out.

7. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

You should keep apps that uses widgets on the internal storage. Download and install LP then restore LP settings through LP's perefence menu (providing you backed it up previously).

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

launcher pro, or any other launcher for that matter cannot restore all widgets. launcher pro does have its own backup util you can use. but i find that titanium restores it perfectly anyway

9. Burrid

Burrid Well-Known Member

What rom are you on lekky?

10. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

defrost