• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Left My Phone At Home type android app?

kiniki

Lurker
May 12, 2010
On Windows Mobile, there is an app you can get, that if you leave your phone at home, you can log in online to see your missed calls/sms messages..

Also you can reply to texts remotely through your phone.

I was wondering if anyone had come across a similar app on Android as it would be pretty useful..

If you use google voice you can do it. Just use your google voice number all the time and you can log into google voice from any computer and your call log and sms are all right there with your voicemails, and you can sms from there also.

But are those calls & texts specific to google voice?

As in, if someone not on googlevoice text me.. would I be able to see it online?

Upvote 0
But are those calls & texts specific to google voice?

As in, if someone not on googlevoice text me.. would I be able to see it online?

No matter who calls you, whether they use google voice, cell phone, or landline it all shows up online on google voice. The only difference is they have to call or text your google voice number. If your google voice number is the only number you use it is completely seemless for anyone contacting you and they don't even have to know that it is a google voice number. Everything is fully integrated with your android phone.

Upvote 0
On Windows Mobile, there is an app you can get, that if you leave your phone at home, you can log in online to see your missed calls/sms messages..

Also you can reply to texts remotely through your phone.

I was wondering if anyone had come across a similar app on Android as it would be pretty useful..

Won't help you for text messages, but CallTrack will log all incoming, outgoing, and missed calls to an online Google Calendar:
As long as your phone is on, you'll be able to log into the Calendar from any computer and see if anyone has called you.

Reactions: hiwatt
Upvote 0
Won't help you for text messages, but CallTrack will log all incoming, outgoing, and missed calls to an online Google Calendar:
As long as your phone is on, you'll be able to log into the Calendar from any computer and see if anyone has called you.[/QUOTE

That's pretty close I guess...

Might do for the time being... I have a habit of forgetting my phone...

Cheers

Upvote 0
As long as your phone is on, you'll be able to log into the Calendar from any computer and see if anyone has called you.

In a similar vein SMSBackup+ will backup SMS, MMS (beta), and call logs to a Gmail account against user defined labels (calls can also be logged to a calendar).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones