Left phone on overnight, stuck in boot loop :(

1. insmnc!

insmnc! New Member

I have the Incredible with lous redemptive ROM and #6 kernel.

I was talking to someone one on the phone last night and fell asleep with the phone still on and charging. When I woke up, it was quite hot and everything from the sense UI to Gmail to MMS was crashing as soon as I tried to open it. I unplugged the phone and took out the battery to let everything cool. After a reasonable amount of time I put it back in and turned it on, only to find that it gets stuck in a boot loop. The weird thing is though, i can still access recovery. Which leads me to believe it's not a hardware problem with my battery or phone. Which i s reassuring.

DEAR GOD WHAT DO I DO?!

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Not sure how long you left out the battery but was it long enough to get it entirely cooled down? If not wait longer and try that again. If so, nand restore as option 1 or reload your current Rom as option 2. Should be no prob since you can access recovery.
  3. Autonomy

Autonomy Well-Known Member

its strange that you have to turn it off at night when charging, I probably haven't turned mine off in a week and only do when I'm flashing a new rom and I have no issues other than it getting a bit hot.
  4. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 Well-Known Member

I have this same problem. I had Virtuous 3.2 with a Redemptive Revolution ROM, left it on while charging last night after trying to flash Gingerbread and updating CWM and bootloop all day. I tried to restore to my latest backup but bootloop also. I can restore to stock, but anything with the Revolution theme will cause a bootloop. I flashed Gingerbread again from my stock backup and didn't have a notification bar. Could it be an issue with CWM 3.0.0.5? Everything was fine until I updated to it. I even deleted my latest backup since it kept bootlooping.
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

The 3.*** clockwork is not really reccomended, some people reporting issues with it, but sounds like it might be required for upcoming gingerbread releases.
  6. 2010 ZR1

That's what the changelog says, but Rom Manager won't let me go back to 2.5.1.4 or whatever it is supposed to be.
  7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

There is an option in rom manager to flash older versions of clockwork. It's at the bottom of the main screen: "all clockworkmod recoveries"
  8. 2010 ZR1

I have tried this, it will not let flash an older version than 3.0.0.X. I can't even flash any ROMs that I download online.
  9. mrjerryk

mrjerryk Well-Known Member

Try and flash 2.5.1.2. That is the only older version of clockworkmod I was able to flash after upgrading to cmw 3x. You should be fine after trying this version.
  10. 2010 ZR1

What are you sitting next to me? =-O That is exactly what I have just done and it worked. Maybe 3.0.0.5 only works with Gingerbread?
  11. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

From another thread....

12. 2010 ZR1

That is weird because the last backup I made was with v3 and it wouldn't go. I wish I hadn't deleted it.
  13. mrjerryk

mrjerryk Well-Known Member

Cool, glad you got it fixed.