Legend Alarm - doesn't ring?Support

Last Updated:

1. inspirohost

inspirohost Member This Topic's Starter

Tried to set an alarm on the default clock app on the Legend. To my surprise, it never went off when it was supposed to. When I tested it I was quite shocked to find that the built-in/default sounds wouldn't play. When it put I enabled the vibrate checkbox, it began to vibrate at the set time but there was no sound.

So I downloaded an alarm app from the droid marketplace and it worked fine. Even the default Legend sounds were working in the app. When I went back to the built-in alarm, the sounds started playing normally. Not sure what could've caused this. Could it have something to do with the task-killer?

Advertisement
  2. parker09

parker09 Well-Known Member

That happens with me as well, I have USB debugging enabled when its connected to my PC (pretty much every day from 8pm to 6am) and it works, I think mine has a problem in 'sleep' mode because when the display is off the alarm doesn't work but if the screen is on (in debug mode) it works.

3. flor1n

flor1n Member

Had same problem first days after bought. It was because advanced task killer was "killing" the clock process(which also holds the alarm). Make sure you add clock to the exception list of whatever application you are using for open application management.

4. inspirohost

inspirohost Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't installed any such management app on my phone yet. How do I access the task killer? Also, is there a way to start a service which I inadvertently killed? Something like services.msc in windows...