Legend Arabic Language support

Last Updated:

1. habeebalali

habeebalali New Member

Hi everybody

couple of weeks ago
    before the release of the Legend, I have seen a video shows that it supports Arabic language

[​IMG]

YouTube - HTC Legend - Unboxing & Hands-On
    It says select your language and the Arabic language is there
    can any Legend owner confirm this pleas.. if you don't mind

I would like to have the Legend, because the only android devices available in my country are HTC Magic and Samsung Galaxy spica and I want a new android device at the same time support the Arabic language"I can but it from the Internet"

Finally I have a question : Does the android 2.1 support proxy authentication?

Advertisement
    mjalili74 likes this.
  2. habeebalali

habeebalali New Member

come on guys
    anyone
  3. Bashar

Bashar Member

i spoke to HTC support and they told me it will be available only on the middle east version

i also asked few people from ebay they all answered me that it doesn't have Arabic listed from the phone languages.

tomorrow i'm visiting a shop in Kuwait that has it and will confirm if it has arabic officially or not
  4. Bootsock

Bootsock Well-Known Member

Not on the UK model.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk
  5. Bashar

Bashar Member

the one in Kuwait is originally from china or taiwan

it has only couple chinese languages and and a dozen of english(s) per country
  6. othx

othx Member

i bought mine from dubai and i live in kuwait! NO ARABIC!!!!!
  7. king_roach

king_roach Active Member

To answer the proxy authentication thing:

There are fields in FroYo 2.2.1 to enter a proxy address and port. No HTTP proxy.
    This works only for the browser, other apps won't get it.

the solution is 3rd party software. I use Transpared Proxy and it works great.
    ASproxy is paid, but it allows different proxy settings for each Wifi connection you have, so you don't have to turn proxy on/off every time you move between home and work, but I don't see that's a big issue unless you really do have proxies on several connections which you need to use.