1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Legend camera quality

1. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

All-in-all, I am pleased with the Legend, but at times things come up that confuse me somewhat. Recently a friend and I were taking photos and I thought it would be interesting to compare camera quality of her BB Curve 8900 with my HTC Legend. Below are the photos.

HTC Legend (5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash):
    [​IMG]
    (Larger original photo: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7929/htclegend.jpg)

BB Curve 8900 (3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus, LED flash):
    [​IMG]
    (Larger original photo: http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5946/bbcurve8900.jpg)

Is it just me or is something wrong here? (Forgive me naivety!)

Also, could it be that I need to fine tune some settings or something? I hope somehow I can improve these shots.. the Legend's assumed superior camera was one of its main attractive characteristics for me!

Advertisement
  2. boatman72

boatman72 Active Member

no, you'll just have to accept that its a rubbish camera. the worst thing is the shutter lag.
  3. anandroiduser

ARRGG!!! Just what I didn't want to hear... *pfffft. Anyone? Any other suggestions? (Besides, use a real camera for pics. :\)
  4. Dog_chops

Dog_chops Well-Known Member

If you mess around manually, with colour contrast etc you will be fine, but you will never get a great picture unless you have more gravy! Northern lads love gravy :D

To be honest I thought the camera was crap, but it ain't bad at all if you tweak a few settings.
  5. anandroiduser

@Dog_chops I'm a n00b when it comes to settings, any suggestions for specific tweakage??

PS. No more gravy!! You guys and your Yorkshire puddings swimming in gravy! Lol
  6. Bootsock

Bootsock Well-Known Member

+1 for settings tinkering and more gravy! ;)

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk
  7. adi19956

adi19956 Well-Known Member

well it's better than HTCs used to be, people just go for the large amount of mega pixels and don't think about the other features of the camera. I must say though, touch to focus is quite cool
  8. silverton70

silverton70 New Member

does anyone know how to take multi shots with the HTC Legend???
  9. adi19956

there's an app for that
  10. guyver_dio

guyver_dio Well-Known Member

I found the camera utterly useless, the shutter lag basically screws 99% of pictures up, have to be really lucky or photograph something inanimate with a steady hand to get a clear photo.

But then again I never use camera's on phones so I wouldn't even care if it came without a camera.
  11. OrangeSport

OrangeSport Member

I find the camera pretty good for a 'phone, as long as you don't need the flash. These are shots of pretty fast moving radio controlled cars (so small and quick objects) just snapped with no tweaking to the settings. I'm no expert, but they seem OK to my untrained eye...

IMAG1068.jpg

IMAG1422.jpg
  12. legend@

legend@ New Member

..try to find program Vignette ...older free version!!!
    after instaling it, looks like, You buy new camera h/w ...much better photo it produce, and much better control over camera
  13. Pochi_X

Pochi_X Well-Known Member

What does gravy taste like?
  14. adi19956

see Bisto or Oxo
    If you've really never had it, do