• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Legend discontinued re: Bell Canada!

This is worrying me! I've got an unlocked Virgin device (just 5 days old!) and I found out three days ago that Bell won't be carrying it any longer. Is it possible that the phone will be discontinued within the next few months, do you think? And if that's the case, HTC says Virgin may decide to stop sending OTA updates - whether to the OS or the firmware.

This sucks! What do you think the repercussions of this will be? I hear the Legend is going strong in Europe, so that gives me some hope...

Upvote 0
I'd be very surprised if the carrier would decide to drop support for a handset on that basis.

If HTC are still supporting the handset (let's face it, it's not even 6 months old!) then it would be an unwise move for any carrier not to ignore customers who are on current contracts with that handset.

Besides, if enough Virgin customers have the handset, then there are enough of you to kick up a big stink if they did decide to lose all interest.

If the UK Hero owners on the likes of T-Mobile, Orange etc managed to get their updates then I have absolute confidence that every Legend owner will get 2.2 one way or another.

I can't comment on how the Legend is doing in Europe. In the UK, Vodafone have exclusive rights to the phone. I don't know anyone who has one and that's EXACTLY why I wanted it! It's one of the most overlooked HTC devices out there and it's just a wonderful device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones