Legend GPSSupport

Last Updated:

1. Gurney82

Gurney82 New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody else have a problem with the length of time GPS takes to lock onto the Satellites? I can be waiting for over 5 mins where my friends GPS will pick up instantly.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. m0nkeyprince

m0nkeyprince Member

your friend's legend or another phone? For our phones, while using the GPS, we need to have clear skies and without tall buildings, etc etc. But i know what you mean, i think it is because our phones rock the all aluminum body which (i dont know) might cause a reduction in signal strength? a tip is, when searching for location, hold the phone with the bottom plastic cover up (thats the antenna)

3. p0is0n87

p0is0n87 Member

From my experience, the fastest way to get the internal gps to locate you is first get connected to a 3g network (not using the wireless gps), just connect yourself to the 3g network and turn on your internal gps, it will locate you fast enough. and another way is to switch on your internal gps occasionally even when u don't need it, this way the gps will sort of locate you faster instead of seeing the loading screen.

4. m0nkeyprince

m0nkeyprince Member

aw, too bad i cant use 3g in the states as i got my legend in asia