legend on vodaphone u.k

Last Updated:

1. boatman72

boatman72 Active Member This Topic's Starter

hi, don't know what your experiences are with voda on the legend but mine aren't good at the mo.
    had the phone 1 week on voda

Advertisement
  2. the_moebius

the_moebius New Member

mine is the same. i switched from o2 after being with them for 15 years as i moved house and o2 signal was bad.
    now vodafone signal works at home but never gets 3g and at my work it switches between full signal and nothing.
    wifi is poor even sat in the same room as my router.
    i'm starting to regret moving networks and dumping my blackberry!

3. boatman72

yes me too. i'm going to give voda a call tomorow as i have only had the phone and new contract for a week. i just can't put up with the internet cutting out all the time, it takes forever just to check facebook.

4. erk

erk Member

I have a vodafone legend, but am using my existing o2 contract sim. 2g signal seems ok, not sure about 3g, but wifi is shockingly bad. It just seems to connect when it wants to (ie very rarely). The router works fine with all my previous phones, as well as countless laptops etc. My 5800 would sometimes connect and stream in the garden, yet the legend won't connect when it is 5 feet away.

5. joe382

joe382 Member

My signal is usually around 3 bars but I have never had an issue connecting to my wi-fi 2 floors below my router. I have only used the mobile network connection a couple of times but I was able to download some apps pretty quickly.

6. krifor03

krifor03 Member

My signal strength is normally really good. 3 bars in 'H'. never dropped a call. Though my First Legend crapped out on me Signal was never an issue

7. DarkestDreams

DarkestDreams Member

My Legend drops all the time, but it's got so many faults I'm getting a replacement. Vodafone said that it's not a common problem, but it does seem to be. Maybe similar issues to the iPad, being made out of one block of metal and all that. Shame really, as it ruins what is actually a fantastic phone!

8. boatman72

what are vodaphone going to give you as a replacememt? i
    i got a email recponse from voda and they said they would let me "get a better deal" or cancel. don't know what they mean by get a better deal though, i didn't get time to phone them today.
    i'm going to be pushing for a desire but i've heard bad things about that too? so might try a nokia n97 mini?
    let me know what voda offered you.

9. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Member

10. riscman

riscman New Member

Thanks for the link. Surprisingly the official reply from Vodofone was useful;)
    It suggested that an old SIM card may give poor signaI reception.
    I took my phone into the Vodafone shop. They changed the SIM card and my signal is now consistently better.