Legend problems.

Last Updated:

1. DarkestDreams

DarkestDreams Member This Topic's Starter

Hey. I got my Legend yesterday and I'm having a few problems. Just wonder if it's a faulty device or if other people are suffering too?

a) It keeps dropping 3G signal, maybe once an hour and needs to be turned off and on again to restore.
    b) The ringtone goes quiet after about a second (even though the "quiet pick up" feature is off) so I keep missing calls.
    c) Message software has crashed twice now.

Despite it being an amazing phone, these problems make me want to return it :(

Advertisement
  2. Frostation

Frostation Active Member

a) For the 3G singal it is notmal I think to drop sometimes and go into Edge (E) or (G) or if you mean it totally crashes and theres no interent connection what so ever happend rearly to me - Try inputing other settings in the mobile internt

b) The ringtone going quite is not really normal if the "quiet pickup" feature is disabled. Try restarting your phone! or make sure its on the "Normal" profile and not "vibrate" or "silent"

c) Message software never crashed in mine so I cant help you with this one

Final solution: either do a hard reset as this may fix all the problems (If you dont know how to do it say)
    Or if that does not work then it might be faulty
    Hope it helps

3. DarkestDreams

Thanks for replying so fast!

It drops out of signal completely, yet my old phone (also on Vodafone) has good signal, and I'm sick of missing calls all the time, very frustrating!

By doing a hard reset, will I lose all data on the phone like contacts etc, and how do I do it?

4. Frostation

Frostation Active Member

By doing a hard reset YES you will loose all your data so I would search for a backup tool on the android market like "Handy Backup for Android", "ASTRO File Manager" which are free with which you can do backups for contacts, sms's etc (you can read about each app) Before you do the reset I would take the sd card out after you do the back up and then reset.

To Hard Reset:
    1. Power device off (Open battery cover on bottom of the handset the close it again)
    2. Press and hold the Volume Down button
    3. Briefly press the Power button.
    4. Continue pressing the Volume Down button until you see a white screen with three skateboarding androids at the bottom.
    5. Release the Volume button
    6. Press Volume Down to highlight CLEAR STORAGE
    7. Press Power button
    8. Press Volume Up to confirm
    9. Once the Factory Reset has completed the phone will reboot automatically

Then reinstall the backup tools and restore
    Any other querries ask!

DarkestDreams likes this.
  5. DarkestDreams

Thanks!

I've used a backup and Vodafone are sending me a replacement. I'd rather get one that's in full working order.