Legend use in Spain

Last Updated:

1. pvcprinting

pvcprinting Active Member This Topic's Starter

Am new to android phones and require some advice

Am about to go to Spain on holiday and dont want to be hit with a massive bill for the phone being active in the background

What do i need to do to ensure it is effectivly dead whilst away?

not fussed about calls / texts coming through but dont want it being connected 24/7

thanks

Advertisement
  2. eddyhall

eddyhall Member

Hi there.

I would suggest:

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Turn off data roaming, & turn off Enable Always-On Mobile Connection.

Also, Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Turn off Background data, & turn off Auto sync.

Cheers,
    Eddy

pvcprinting likes this.
  3. dsb18

dsb18 Member

I to are due to be in Spain at the end of the month and have already been through all the data settings to make sure I know what to turn off, but I realised when you do this to the Legend (and any other always connected smartphone) it totally negates the reason for having a smartphone so I decided to not take the HTC and take my small nokia (dumb) phone instead I wont be scared to loose or break it and it is less of a bulk in my pocket, just a thought.

4. pvcprinting

Is it possible to just use WiFi whilst abroad without getting stung with a massive bill
    Place we are stopping in IasWiFi available but can I use it for free without any roaming charges

5. pvcprinting

Is it possible to just use WiFi whilst abroad without getting stung with a massive bill
    Place we are stopping in IasWiFi available but can I use it for free without any roaming charges

6. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

Yes of course. Connecting to a WiFi network will be free of charge [just as if you were plugging in your PC to a network]. If you were to incur any costs via WiFi, you would be first be presented with a payment page [e.g. pay €15 for the next 24hrs] requesting credit card details before you could access any page on the Internet. This behaviour is common in hotels.

Simple answer: WiFi usage will be free. Have a good trip...