Lemon of an HOX+Support

Last Updated:

1. guitarak

guitarak New Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 10, 2010
    This is my first Android phone in a while after having an iPhone 4 for 2.5 years. I was very excited to get the HOX+, but I'm having some serious battery life issues. I'm wondering if I've got a lemon or if people are having similar issues?

One example: Today I was walking to go get lunch. Turned Wifi, bluetooth and sync off, had screen at half brightness with data on. I was listening to music on the device (not streaming) with beats on. I was occasionally (but not the whole walk) checking my fantasy team, checking me email, etc. I dropped about 10% of battery on a ten minute walk.

Another example: In the car hooked up to a charger, wife is driving. Wifi off, GPS on. Light use, some web/Google Reader browsing. Even plugged into the charger, it's dropping 1% off the battery every few minutes.

There's no way this can be normal, right? Has to be a lemon?

2. Luckyfinch

Luckyfinch New Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Hey I too had a iPhone 4 for two and a half years and traded up to this. We should exchange notes. In short I have this same issue. My battery would get super hot over the most simple tasks with all of the antennas off and just music playing. I go to the gym with a full charge and when I am done half my battery life would be gone. I went to the store and they replaced it today so I will see if it changes anything. I actually tried to exchange it for an iPhone 5 because I was annoyed with the thing but they would not allow it as I am outside of the 14 day return policy sadly.

Random question: Does your voice search work when you are driving? Mine doesn't understand anything I say ever. Even the new replacement doesn't understand a word I say when I try and call someone with voice. It's the most annoying thing in the world.
  3. Supersnake

Supersnake Member

Nov 18, 2012
    What you wrote about the battery life is my main concern right now, and is the reason why I am becoming more reluctant to purchase the One X+.

Your input is valuable could you please continue your reporting in the following dedicated post?
    [​IMG] Poor battery life and very slow charging

It will have much relevance there. Thanks!