• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lenovo A850 Cell Phone

HansDenmark

Lurker
Dec 27, 2013
Hii

My girlfriend has a Lenovo A 850 cell phone.

By mistake she pressed 2 buttons at the same time (she thinks it was the power button + volume button)

Now all the text is in Chinese - written on a black background with a blue top part of the screen.

How can she make a "hard" reset of the phone?

We cannot really find anything in the Internet about that subject, only one website that mentioned, that we have to

- Turn off phone
- Press "power-button" and "volume-up"

at the same time.

But still everything is in Chinese :mad:

Thx in advance for your comments

Hii

My girlfriend has a Lenovo A 850 cell phone.

By mistake she pressed 2 buttons at the same time (she thinks it was the power button + volume button)

Now all the text is in Chinese - written on a black background with a blue top part of the screen.

How can she make a "hard" reset of the phone?

We cannot really find anything in the Internet about that subject, only one website that mentioned, that we have to

- Turn off phone
- Press "power-button" and "volume-up"

at the same time.

But still everything is in Chinese :mad:

Thx in advance for your comments

Can you post an image of the Chinese text, and I should be able to tell you what it says. Probably some kind of diagnostic or recovery mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones