Leo Laporte says...

Last Updated:

1. davewoodson

davewoodson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On his podcast "this week in google" Leo Laporte said that he had heard that VZW would get the Nexus 1 on March 23rd.

The show is from this week and they give out a ton of good tips for the phone

Advertisement
  2. Wotan

Wotan Active Member

Yeah, I just listened to the podcast. He mentioned March 23rd at least twice, then said that was the first day of spring (well sort of -- the Vernal Equinox is technically March 21st).

So is he saying March 23rd just because it's the beginning of spring, and VZW said it would bring out their own version of the Nexus One in spring? Or is there SOME OTHER REASON?

The only real option in my area is Verizon. I want the N1 so bad I can taste it. Leo is a raging Mac Fanboy and he says the N1 is the best phone he's ever had. He can't stop raving about how great it is to have an "open" architecture that let's him do what he wants, instead of what Steve Jobs wants. Coming from Leo, that means a lot.

3. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

I read something (cant remember where) that Vodafone was going to release it 2 days into spring so its possible Verizon will release it on the 23rd. Its not like its a new science so there shouldn't be too much trouble replacing the main processor and GSM radio.

4. DroidAV8R

DroidAV8R Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is what you read, but I found this article that says March 23 for VZW Nexus One:

Apple may have had Google drop Nexus One multi-touch | Electronista