• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Leon One Click Root - WORKS ON 10d & 10e! MS345 & H345 - NO KINGROOT

Upvote 0
So looking around for a better method of root than installing KingRoot and running SuperSU-ME (Had so many issue with this I simply got fed up with it). I came across this thread on XDA with a new method to root LG devices w/ newer roms. It didn't work, of course, but looking at the code I saw what was going wrong. Our Leon's have a different file/folder structure than these other devices. Some modifications to the scripting and viola! It worked perfectly on my LG Leon running 10d. Then I started to wonder if this would work on the newer 10e rom as well... Asked my husband to borrow his Leon running 10e and it worked as well. So, I decided to package it up and share it with the community that I have leeched from for the longest time.

Just like any other LG OCR... You need to LG drivers installed to run this.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. A lot.

Special thanks go to digital-bug, NBreunig3, Chainfire, Unjustified Dev, avicohh, & high247

If this helps you out, the beer that helped inspire me to work on this is pretty expensive. Consider donating to my PayPal to keep the "inspiration" flowing.

I'm sorry. I'm quite the Noob. You said, "I decided to package it up and share it..." What does that mean? What Is there a packaged file for me to download? Is it the LG_Leon_OCR_V2.ZIP? if so, what do I do with it after I download it?

Thanks for your patience.

Upvote 0
The majority of the information you need is on the first page of this thread. Youll need to un zip the program from the zip file in order to run it. Its best to read up on rooting android phones before trying this. Theres endless information out there.
You just have to read then its fair to ask what you dont understand. For example; If you dont know what "package" means then you should read up on applications or programs to learn this. These are all questions that could easily be answered with a little research.
You should have some knowledge before hand of what to expect as the results of rooting or performing any operations on your phone to not be stuck with a broken phone.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
"Any chance this would work on MS34510H
Im not 100% sure but I have MS345 10F and it works.
I didnt know there were newer versions. If you make sure have a copy of your stock .kdz rom and any other backups you can try it.
If something goes wrong you can revert back
to the stock 10H. Make sure to verify you have the right model number to match this root script (MS34510x).

If it works let us know.

Upvote 0
If anyone else is experience an issue where it says "adbd cannot run as root in production builds" after trying to run adb root, then just use the LGGSTYLO one linked. For some reason I started getting this issue when using the LG_Leon_OCR_v2 with 10f, which actually did work beforehand.

Upvote 0
So looking around for a better method of root than installing KingRoot and running SuperSU-ME (Had so many issue with this I simply got fed up with it). I came across this thread on XDA with a new method to root LG devices w/ newer roms. It didn't work, of course, but looking at the code I saw what was going wrong. Our Leon's have a different file/folder structure than these other devices. Some modifications to the scripting and viola! It worked perfectly on my LG Leon running 10d. Then I started to wonder if this would work on the newer 10e rom as well... Asked my husband to borrow his Leon running 10e and it worked as well. So, I decided to package it up and share it with the community that I have leeched from for the longest time.

Just like any other LG OCR... You need to LG drivers installed to run this.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. A lot.

Special thanks go to digital-bug, NBreunig3, Chainfire, Unjustified Dev, avicohh, & high247

If this helps you out, the beer that helped inspire me to work on this is pretty expensive. Consider donating to my PayPal to keep the "inspiration" flowing.

Hello. Can you help me? I downloaded the attached file, but I can't understand how to use it. Can you send me instructions? Excuse me, I have no skills and knowledge in things like this, bet I need to get root very much. I have LG Leon V10d.

I will be very grateful if you can make it!

Upvote 0
I have version MS345 10K, will this method work for me? Or do I have to downgrade the firmware?

Screenshot_2016-11-06-02-27-43[2].png
3jcQC

Upvote 0
If anyone else is experience an issue where it says "adbd cannot run as root in production builds" after trying to run adb root, then just use the LGGSTYLO one linked. For some reason I started getting this issue when using the LG_Leon_OCR_v2 with 10f, which actually did work beforehand.
more so dealing with flash cause the main menu and homescreen not to load any ideas ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones