Less available memory after Gingerbread?

1. raheenb

raheenb Member

So when I had Froyo, after killing all running apps using Adao Task Manager I would get about 200M of available memory...now with Gingerbread I only get about 159M (max!), and it gets down to around 60M very quickly which causes pretty noticible slowdown. Anybody else finding this? Any fixes? Thank you!

(And for anybody who says not to use a task manager, just try letting Words With Friends run in the background and watch your battery go bye-bye!)

Advertisement
  2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF!

The only fix I'm aware of is to partition your sd card BUT your phone has to be rooted to do that.

EDIT: I apologize, you were speaking of memory, not internal storage :p.
  3. revROME

revROME Member

My GF and I both have Evos, and both had the same problem. We both did a factory reset, reinstalled our apps, and it was fine again. There is probably a soulution to this, but I haven't figured it out.
  4. Bikegeek

Bikegeek Well-Known Member

It seems that some apps that were moved to the SD card "come back" into regular memory after the upgrade. I have gone through and physically moved apps from SD to phone and then back to SD and gotten the memory back. Possibly the hard reset accomplishes the same thing.
  5. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

So how much RAM was available after you did the factory reset?
  6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

stop playing words with friends?

ok I kid..but seriously..have you used any method to determine what apps are taking up the memory....

I typically only have about 90-190 mb avail so I'd say you are doing pretty good.
  7. r126nyc

r126nyc Active Member

Same problem here :confused: since the update my phone all of a sudden keeps saying low on memory and yes i checked all my apps than can are on SD card..... WTF
  8. raheenb

raheenb Member

Just to clarify (and as Frenchy mentioned), I'm only speaking of internal memory (not storage). Still having this issue...i may just bite the bullet and factory reset...and then sell or trade up to get a 3D