1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Less features/settings?Support

Last Updated:

1. boykamazing

boykamazing New Member

I bought a new s4 today after using the s3 for the last six months, and I've become really frustrated with the fact that most of my settings/features appear to be missing? For example, I've been Googling and have found people talking about things like 'Quick glance', under 'Font' I'll only have 'Font size', under 'Motions and Gestures' I only have 'Air browse' and 'Air call accept', you get the picture. I don't understand what's wrong with my phone or if I have to do something to activate what looks like a lot of missing phone features. Has anybody else had this problem? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

The features are somewhat hidden if you don't know how to find them. You need to tap the function name and choose which options to turn on.
    For instance, tap "Motions and gestures" then tapping the word "Air gesture" will open a sub-menu for that feature such as Quick Glance, Air Browse, etc.
  4. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

Maybe the fastest way to get to the settings is double swipe down the notifications bar (drag it down with 2 fingers not one), then you'll see all of the toggle settings including air view etc. If you tap and hold on any one of them it will jump straight to the settings of that item.

Some of these new items are quite buried in the motion and gestures. You have to turn the whole group on before getting to another screen with the individuals ones like quick glance, zoom on browser, messages etc separate. They are there but it is a little like getting lost in the forest!