• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help less signal=no data?

Matt-641

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
So I was at a friends house yesterday and we were in the basement playing some pool. I decided to check my email just incase there was anything new and I got a message when I tried going online saying something along the lines of that I can't use the data, yet I could see I was still connected to the "4g" network and had a couple bars of signal.

Now when I went upstairs, I had one or two more bars, and I was able to get online with no problem.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

On the 4g i have not had any issues other then walking out the house. For some reason my front yard has no signal via wifi and or tmobile. I think im in that perfect bubble. But up the street next door neighbor im all H. This was also with the MT3G.

yes every time i have had at least a bar i have had service of some sort. I dont think if you get the G2 it would be any different in the basement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones