Let Me Hear Your Lucid OpinionGeneral

1. flyinonice4

flyinonice4 New Member

Alright guys I am calling for anyone who has a lucid to give me their opinion on four things.

First, how is the battery life under moderate use? I hear its not very good when on 4g. I am thinking about getting this phone for my Mom and it will mostly be used for texting, a few calls, some web surfing, and about an hour a day of music. She will spend most of her time on wifi, but occasionally with be out and about on 4g too. Just trying to get an idea if the phone would last her the day.

Second, how is the call quality? I hear its a little tiny, but overall loud and good otherwise.

Third, how is the signal strength? We live in an area that has no issue with signal, but I would still like to know nothing too drastic is wrong with it.

And, lastly, how is the music quality from headphones? I haven't been able to find much on this subject anywhere.

Thanks for all your help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

First, how is the battery life under moderate use? I hear its not very good when on 4g. I am thinking about getting this phone for my Mom and it will mostly be used for texting, a few calls, some web surfing, and about an hour a day of music. She will spend most of her time on wifi, but occasionally with be out and about on 4g too. Just trying to get an idea if the phone would last her the day.

With that kind of usage, battery life should be fine. Just install JuiceDefender (I use the aggressive mode which shuts off data/wifi when not in use). I think the only LTE phone out there with 'good' battery life is the Razr Maxx, and that's because it has a honkin' battery. :D

Second, how is the call quality? I hear its a little tiny, but overall loud and good otherwise.

Haven't noticed any problems with call quality. I had the Incredible before this phone and it seems pretty comparable.

Third, how is the signal strength? We live in an area that has no issue with signal, but I would still like to know nothing too drastic is wrong with it.

Fine. I'm in the Chicago area and 4G can be finicky at times, but I haven't had an issue with calls or been totally disappointed with data access.

And, lastly, how is the music quality from headphones? I haven't been able to find much on this subject anywhere.

Not great. I don't use headphones, but I connect it to my car's stereo pretty regularly. The volume is not loud at all - this is true with headphones as well as the external speaker. I also noticed that, unlike on my Incredible, when I use the Google Music app it no longer has any equalizer features. Not sure if that was a change with the Google Music app, or if it is different based on the phone you are using.

Overall, I like the phone. I only paid a penny for it, it has 4G LTE, the front facing camera, etc. etc. For a low-maintenance user, it should be just fine. For someone who is anal about video quality, picture quality, audio quality - you're getting what you paid for.
    flyinonice4 likes this.
  3. flyinonice4

flyinonice4 New Member

Thank you so much. Other than the music quality it sounds like the perfect phone for her. Is the music quality that bad? I know she will pick up on it pretty easy. Volume isn't so bad as just poor audio quality is.
  4. platinumthomas

platinumthomas Active Member

I'm a little late here. My fianc
  5. Bloobs

Bloobs Member

I'm late here too, but I have to say, you've heard a concise review all the way around. Everything listed here is accurate, but since it doesn't seem like there has been a response to your inquiry regarding the music volume, I'll review that while it is a little low, it is nothing to complain about unless you/your mom have hearing issues and need higher volumes. My GF and I bought these phones, and this is my second LG phone product - there are plenty of haters out there, and it's probably because they bought something a week before this came out :)

Bottom line: it is truly a solid phone with more than enough power to do, well, everything you can do with a smartphone, or an iphone ;)