• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets band together.

PCaff

May 21, 2011
Ok so im tired of having a bad battery and random power drains. Lets all band together and use the combined knowledge we all have to figure out what stock apps are the reason for the horrible battery. Now im talking about stuff like blockbuster....no one uses that sh*t..the company is practically bankrupt. So lets all figure out the useless battery killing stock apps...then hopefully somehow try to uninstall them...though that seems to be impossible unless rooted

Honestly after getting rid of the blockbuster trash, my battery has doubled and stopped overheating. I'm using the htcexpress 1700s, no root, no blockbuster, always 4g, moderate usage. Getting a good off the battery 12-14 hrs charge. Off charger at 7am and will last to about 9pm usually. Wish it could just squeeze out another hour or two. Hopefully the "update" will provide that.

Upvote 0
Honestly after getting rid of the blockbuster trash, my battery has doubled and stopped overheating. I'm using the htcexpress 1700s, no root, no blockbuster, always 4g, moderate usage. Getting a good off the battery 12-14 hrs charge. Off charger at 7am and will last to about 9pm usually. Wish it could just squeeze out another hour or two. Hopefully the "update" will provide that.

How did you get rid of Blockbuster without rooting?

Upvote 0
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can get rid of it without rooting. What I did do was turn off Background data in the settings so it isn't constantly chewing up the battery with it's updates in the background. Keep in mind that the market wants Background data turned on, so when you download an app from the market, you need to go back in and turn it off again.

Upvote 0
You can't remove Blockbuster without root access. However, the auto updates drains the battery! Turn them off within the app. Make sure the app is updated too.

Blockbuster
Activate later
Settings
Disable movie updates

I check this settiny every so often to make sure movie updates are disabled. Twice now they have re enabled anr drained my battery.

Otherwise, I get good battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones