• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's cure cancer with our phones

Oh I'm talking about a generated banner provide by BoincStats where it shows off out stats. I see many members that have one on the WCG forums.

Ooh, even better.

In that case,
sig.png

Boo-yah.

The URL for the image is http://boincstats.com/signature/-1/team/124834041/sig.png. Wrap it in some IMG (and maybe URL as well) tags and call it a day :-D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
In a nutshell, BOINC will use your device's idle processing power (when you're not using it, of course) to perform analysis and computation on tiny chunks of data related to medical or technological research. Once the processing is complete, BOINC will return the results to The Mothership, where they'll be combined with results from all of the other devices participating in the program. The tiny chunks will add up over time, and perform research on a much larger scale than would be possible with just a single computer or even cluster. You'll receive credit/points for each chunk of data that you successfully process and return. By joining the AF team, those points will be combined so we can see how much good we're doing together.

Does that help any?

Yes this have helped me in clearing my big doubt of what i or my phone will be doing hmmm BTW i will register myself then see if i came across any other doubts will post it here again then please dont get bothered i m sorry as i am a slow learner and ask many question sometimes silly too.

Upvote 0
Yes this have helped me in clearing my big doubt of what i or my phone will be doing hmmm BTW i will register myself then see if i came across any other doubts will post it here again then please dont get bothered i m sorry as i am a slow learner and ask many question sometimes silly too.

No worries :thumbup:. Bring on the questions - I tend to learn a lot of interesting things when I attempt to answer them, so we all win ;)

Upvote 0
I created my account and got the app downloaded will start computing once on wifi or else will set a data limit for it as i get very rarely wifi access :( so have to do this way only but will do contribute my tiny little part whatsoever i can. I am sorry if you people feel i am not contributing much :( but this is what the best i can do.

Upvote 0
I created my account and got the app downloaded will start computing once on wifi or else will set a data limit for it as i get very rarely wifi access :( so have to do this way only but will do contribute my tiny little part whatsoever i can. I am sorry if you people feel i am not contributing much :( but this is what the best i can do.

The whole point of projects like this one is to combine lots of little contributions into something massive, so you're doing exactly what you're supposed to. Like Unforgiven said, every little bit helps :thumbup:

Upvote 0
The whole point of projects like this one is to combine lots of little contributions into something massive, so you're doing exactly what you're supposed to. Like Unforgiven said, every little bit helps :thumbup:

Yes! You must think of it on a LARGE scale. There are MILLIONS of computers that are doing this. Every computer computes something small. With everyone contributing we can look at the big things and break it down. Otherwise it would take millions of years for one computer to do it all.

it wont let me attach the Screenshot, but I've been Computing One project on my Note 10.1 for 170 hours thus far and its only at 71%
IS this processor literally that weak these days? It runs everything else On here fine.

Upvote 0
Yes! You must think of it on a LARGE scale. There are MILLIONS of computers that are doing this. Every computer computes something small. With everyone contributing we can look at the big things and break it down. Otherwise it would take millions of years for one computer to do it all.

it wont let me attach the Screenshot, but I've been Computing One project on my Note 10.1 for 170 hours thus far and its only at 71%
IS this processor literally that weak these days? It runs everything else On here fine.

Ok, I've appointed you as the captain since this was originally your idea

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones