Lets discuss some case ideas for the ebay 3600mah/2600mah batteriesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now that a few of us have spent a little bit of cash on our phones (roughly 20 bucks). we now have a great battery, one that allows you to use the phone as you should use it, when you want to use, and sync when you damn well please...

what do we do about the hong-kong battery doors? So far nothing I've seen online is able to accommodate this. This battery door does not have a hump like the Siedio battery doors, it's equally thick through-out and no clip or gel case will fit it since the tops and bottoms are not "thin", so we simply cant pop out the middle of the case to accommodate for the hump...now the phone is about 2.5 inches thick all around.

I tried cutting a gel case in the center, to make a sort of bumper style case to protect the sides but that only made the phone larger and the bumper was moving as soon as i put the phone in my pocket. So right now i'm using the phone naked, with no protection...but if the back battery door gets messed up i dont care since I have the OEM sitting in my drawer..it's the front of the phone (the face and screen) that i'm worried about since there is no protection. At least before when i had the gel case on it, the sides and corners were protected.

Do we have anyone that has tried to modify their HK casebacks (non hump) and if you did, can you share? We're all trying to enjoy the phone with the most battery, but also want to protect it as well.

So far my bumper theory failed and i ruined a gel case, it was only 3 bucks on ebay, but still. I don't feel comfortable with the phone not having a case AT all. I wish they would make Gel cases in HongKong to accommodate for the large back fat battery they made for us.

Advertisement
  2. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

These are the images from a user Mr. Boom who has the HK battery door that I have.

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      70.9 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      67 KB
      Views: