• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lets face it, no one got the update, did they?

Alright dude Im just gonna say it, Ive been holding this in for awhile but Android sucks. Its not at all what I expected and Im tired of acting like it is. Its crap. Especially This Samsung Behold Bull. I mean really. Samsung Really gives Android a bad name. Come to think of it, the behold is probably the reason why I hate Android so much now. Has anyone ever held an HTC hero in their hands?? Its pure awesome and the bulid quilty of the phone feels alot better. I cant explain it, you have to see it for yourself. So Anyway F samSUCK and Google should just not let SamSUCK make anymore phones with Android on them anymore. Or suffer the consequences.

"Hi My Name is HendyZero and I Approve This Message :) !"

Upvote 0
lol, yeah, but I'm no longer with sprint Im with Tmobile. I switched because of cheaper plans and sprint had no android phones at the time. But its cool. Im probably just gonna goto Virgin Mobile for now with Their Cheap 25 dollar plan :). no android but who can beat a 25 dollar plan with with unlimited text and data and 300mins. I dont really use mins so 300 is enough. Thanks for the advice tho :) :).

Upvote 0
Alright dude Im just gonna say it, Ive been holding this in for awhile but Android sucks. Its not at all what I expected and Im tired of acting like it is. Its crap. Especially This Samsung Behold Bull. I mean really. Samsung Really gives Android a bad name. Come to think of it, the behold is probably the reason why I hate Android so much now. Has anyone ever held an HTC hero in their hands?? Its pure awesome and the bulid quilty of the phone feels alot better. I cant explain it, you have to see it for yourself. So Anyway F samSUCK and Google should just not let SamSUCK make anymore phones with Android on them anymore. Or suffer the consequences.

Lol. You don't hate android, you hate samsung. Doesn't the hero have andoid on it too?

The behold is actually a good phone but the support sucks.

The evo has a ton of problems of its own.

But I do fail your pain. I have felt it before. I'm not new on this ride and I'm not like other traders that jump all over samsung once they released galaxy s.

I'm now anti samsung

Upvote 0

This is the reason I'm going back to HTC. I had a G1 which I was accustomed to and was drawn into Android by it's hack-ability. Samsung takes all that joy away. While were sitting here with 1.6, no wifi tether, no real custom roms (like a sense ui rom or froyo) HTC phone owners are enjoying all that stuff. So screw Samsung. I'm real glad I didn't pay for this phone cause I would feel terrible knowing I gave them money.

Upvote 0
I love it. People are sitting around getting antsy for a 1.6 update, they don't get it, and it's back to the Samsung hate fest. This is TMobile's problem this time guys. Get a clue.

At least for me I can tell you that I've been defending this phone for awhile. I still agree there is nothing wrong with this phone it's not as bad as people think it is. Since we already have a few 1.6 roms already I don't know why people are getting so antsy over a couple of bug fixes. Now that doesn't mean I'm in love with it either. It will do just fine until my next phone but I expected a lot out of this phone and because Samsung is not playing by the rules in giving out the drivers like it's stated in the GPL then I will state that my displeasure. Samsung is a sucky Android phone provider in my opinion. It's an operating system that is all about community and when you don't treat it like that then you are going to get shit talked about you.

Upvote 0
At least for me I can tell you that I've been defending this phone for awhile. I still agree there is nothing wrong with this phone it's not as bad as people think it is. Since we already have a few 1.6 roms already I don't know why people are getting so antsy over a couple of bug fixes. Now that doesn't mean I'm in love with it either. It will do just fine until my next phone but I expected a lot out of this phone and because Samsung is not playing by the rules in giving out the drivers like it's stated in the GPL then I will state that my displeasure. Samsung is a sucky Android phone provider in my opinion. It's an operating system that is all about community and when you don't treat it like that then you are going to get shit talked about you.

True. My only point is that during this current debacle, TMobile is solely to blame. Samsung has done their part in creating 1.6 for the phone. TMobile has a history of failing at pushing updates to people.

And I think most people are antsy about this because it could very well be an operating system that's manageable. BH_MAN's roms are awesome, but they do have their issues since he never had an official release to work off. So far, the people that have received the update are reporting it being much faster. To me, that's just fine. I only have to wait a few more weeks for my new phone.

Upvote 0
But it's Not GPL, android is under the Apache license. And under the license Samsung doesn't have to release anything relating to proprietary hardware. It's a loophole they could drive a tractor trailer through. A tractor trailer packed to the roof with crappy, unsupported phones.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think proprietary hardware drivers are covered by the GPL....

Thanks for correcting me. It's still bs from Samsung to jump into an open source product and not come in with an open source state of mind like the best of the Android manufactures

Upvote 0
True. My only point is that during this current debacle, TMobile is solely to blame. Samsung has done their part in creating 1.6 for the phone. TMobile has a history of failing at pushing updates to people.

And I think most people are antsy about this because it could very well be an operating system that's manageable. BH_MAN's roms are awesome, but they do have their issues since he never had an official release to work off. So far, the people that have received the update are reporting it being much faster. To me, that's just fine. I only have to wait a few more weeks for my new phone.

Same but I hope to get an HTC Aria. I really hate that some of the best Android phones are either on Verizon/Sprint or are unsubsidized. I really wanted a Dell Streak but it's not being subsidized so Aria is the next best thing on AT&T. Here's hoping they get something better before August.

Upvote 0

I am pretty convinced some people wouldn't be happy with any phone, they complain about everything, every company, every OS, it's never good enough etc... etc... Which phone is the perfect or best phone then? Whichever you say, I bet I can find a forum of people bashing it to bits. Let's get a little perspective here.

I have a device that fits in my hand that has built in GPS with satelite maps of virtually every inch on earth, it makes and receives phone calls without being connected by a wire, it connects to computers, it can use bluetooth, it can play MP3, take and play videos, take and play 5MP photos, browse the internet use any of 10,000+ apps which do practically everything. And I have all that for free and a $30 a month fee (in my case anyway). That's pretty freaking amazing if you ask me. I would be the most powerful person on earth just a few short years ago. Most of this stuff couldn't even have been dreamed of when I was a kid. A little perspective, that is all I am saying.

Reactions: paul89
Upvote 0
This phone lacks in a few features because of Samsung such as "hacking" features like teathering and overclocking and nandroid backup! Other than that this phone blows the G1 (which I previously owned) out of the water hardware wise! It has alot of great features, and had alot of potential, but quickly withered away by Samsung :(. I am 99% happy with this phone if I can just recieve a rooted 1.6 OTA update! I believe it would hold me over till I save up money to get a phone that has the features that the Behold 2 is lacking. I am an Android nut and I love to hack on it and install new roms, damn I wish I knew how to make them! The problem with Android is that they have way to many phones out! Making it hard for all phones to be updated to the latest OS version. Some phones a just meant to stay behind. But I do not believ that the behold 2 deserved an upgrade only to 1.6. Android should have only had a few phones realesed from google just like they have the Nexus One. They should have made a line of phones by themselves and thats it.

Upvote 0
I am pretty convinced some people wouldn't be happy with any phone, they complain about everything, every company, every OS, it's never good enough etc... etc... Which phone is the perfect or best phone then? Whichever you say, I bet I can find a forum of people bashing it to bits. Let's get a little perspective here.

I have a device that fits in my hand that has built in GPS with satelite maps of virtually every inch on earth, it makes and receives phone calls without being connected by a wire, it connects to computers, it can use bluetooth, it can play MP3, take and play videos, take and play 5MP photos, browse the internet use any of 10,000+ apps which do practically everything. And I have all that for free and a $30 a month fee (in my case anyway). That's pretty freaking amazing if you ask me. I would be the most powerful person on earth just a few short years ago. Most of this stuff couldn't even have been dreamed of when I was a kid. A little perspective, that is all I am saying.

I have to ask. . .is that to say that you've never had any problems out of your Behold 2? Never had your SD card randomly mount and unmount every five minutes? Never had your SD card completely wiped out? Never had apps or contacts disappear? Had the phone reboot itself randomly in your pocket or during a phone call? Had it stop receiving, sending calls? Had text messages arrive a full day after someone sent it to you? Had the lock button completely stop working, and thus having the screen turn on while it's in your pocket? Has it ever gotten so over-heated that you couldn't stand to hold it in your hand? Had the touch screen become erratic and unresponsive?

If not, then you are one of the lucky ones. I have experienced all of these problems and more.

The phone has a lot of bugs that I and many others were falsely led to believe would be fixed in one fell swoop with the upgrade to 2.1. Now, we can't even get upgraded to 1.6 properly and in a timely fashion (again, it seems you have been one of the lucky ones). Owners of this phone have every right to be angry.

Although, I do agree that every phone has its problems, those with the Behold 2 have been particularly egregious.

Reactions: paul89
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones