1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Lets get development started!General

1. Protium

Protium New Member

I offer my brand new Attain for development purposes. Willing to hop onto IRC and do anything needed. If your interested in development and want a test subject, my phone is all yours. Just want to get root/rom/kernel kick started

Advertisement
    :
    gypsybikes, stevek116 and yahhboy like this.
  2. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Lol its not that easy and most dev groups brick several phones before getting it right so if your willing to let your phone be the guinea pig expect some oopsie and returns to the store to have your phone swapped.
  3. gypsybikes

gypsybikes Member

Hi there, I have been searching everywhere for a way to root my Samsung Attain and I found that Samsung has released the open source zip!
    It can be found here:
    https://opensource.samsung.com/index.jsp
    Scroll down to find the SCH-R920 MTR Opensource.zip
    I really hope this helps the developer community.
    Thanks,
    John
    stevek116 and yahhboy like this.
  4. cmadd

cmadd Member

Hope that someone in the dev community will take interest soon because I do not like being stock unrooted at all. lol Please, anyone, have mercy and get this thing cracked please. I will donate to any devs willing to make this happen. Thank You in advance.
  5. MaxOmus

MaxOmus Well-Known Member

Yeah, stock unrooted stinks... I haven't been stuck unrooted for this long in ages.

At any rate, if you & some others are serious about donating, has anyone thought about starting some bounty threads on here, xda, sdx, etc... it may stir up some attention & motivate someone to attempt to get a root & recovery. We have source, rom dumps & all that good stuff. So it should be do-able for someone that has the time & proper knowledge...
  6. sember

sember New Member

Im willing to put some money down to get this rooted aswell
    Ill do 100$ if we can get a dev to start it and offer my attain for testing
  7. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

sitting around waiting for someone to see isnt gunna do much of anything, its best to reach otu and talk to people :p

anyways im more then willing to run some preliminary testing to see if we cant get this bad boy rooted
  8. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

lol shabby u finally made it over here :D
  9. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

yea, we try to hit up as many devices as possible. problem is we need to be informed of them :p

anyways still need a user to stop on in with the phone to the irc in my sig ;)
  10. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

cept either my browser dosnt load everything right on the page or there is no sig....

edit: nevermind it shows on ur first post lol