Lets hope this is the MergeGeneral

1. DanishDevil

DanishDevil Active Member

I for one am hoping they drop the Bing bs and name this something after the Incredible. It basically looks like an Incredible with a slide-out keyboard. And that means I WANT. Not if it's going to be a downgrade from the Incredible, though.
  2. egut125

egut125 Well-Known Member

Couldn't the bing issue simply be that the Bing app is installed since its on the homescreen like that?
  3. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

No, it's Bing'd up like the Fascinate...
  4. egut125

Well that clears it up haha thanks NKT

Kind of disapointing but can always be removed eventually I guess. But that most likely means it is not a DROID branding then?

And anyone know anything about a timeframe for release?

I have a Droid X but really like the look of the keyboard and the fact that its not locked down completely (well hoping its not, given htc usual stance) so may be looking to make a swap some how if it can come out when my Droid Xstill has decent value for resell
  5. AntDogs

AntDogs Well-Known Member

does anyone think this will be the "EVO Phone for Verizon" im looking to get a new phone and leave Blackberry. but im thinking of this or even the Droid X. hmm i love the HTC interface and would hope this would be the EVO for verizon.
  6. egut125

Looks like the Evo-ish device is not the Merge if that is what you were thinking. The Merge is more of a Verizon/World edition of the the Desire Z
  7. Filipino.Cowboy

Filipino.Cowboy Well-Known Member

I don't buy the bing on lower-mid phones. This is basically the G2 for VZW and its specs are great. I'm going to be terrible disappointed if all the droids are binged.
  8. egut125

I agree this is not a low/mid range phone it is up there at the same/above level of the incredible and Droid2 even close to Droid X
  9. Brianm109

Brianm109 Well-Known Member

Personally I think it blows that it has a physical key board.
  10. egut125

NKT don't happen to have any more info on this thing do you?

I can't help but find myself looking at it wishing i had the keyboard haha

Do we know for sure that the processor is the same as the desire Z but for cdma?

thats my biggest question, I don't want to buy an old snapdragon now, I want the newer more efficient one
  11. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

JeTaurus likes this.
  12. MongolStomp

MongolStomp Well-Known Member

+1
  13. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

It's running a 800mHz processor, at least according to Quadrant. What this means as far as overclocking, I don't know.

If you don't want a keyboard get the Incredible.
    egut125 likes this.
  14. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

15. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

egut125 and RadYOacTiVe like this.
  16. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Thanks NKT!
  17. egut125

Thanks NKT

I'm really hoping its the newer

MSM7630 800 MHz with Adreno 205 graphics
    45 nm
    2nd Gen Snapdragon

Wikipedia says its used in the HTC Lexikon, but I don't take that as solid confirmation lol
  18. marckatz

marckatz Member

Two questions about this phone. I'm coming from a BB (Storm 1- uggh). First since it only has a 800 mHz processor, will it support Gingerbread and second since it only come with 2GB memory is that a concern (I read that after the OS and the bloat you are down to about 300-400 MB)
  19. AntDogs

AntDogs Well-Known Member

with the news coming out does it look like its the evo phone for verizon in late october nov?
  20. Filipino.Cowboy

You mean this phone? The Merge/Lexicon?
  21. Stam2000

Stam2000 Well-Known Member

I'll let you guys know how it is when its released. My fiance wants it cause of the keyboard
  22. Filipino.Cowboy

I'd say it will be a stellar device. Just imagine the Inc, Evo, or G2 (w/ sense). The only downside to me, is Bing. I dont want to have to root my phone to get rid of it.
  23. egut125

I agree but knowing HTC I'd probably root just to have the customs roms that will inevitable follow. I would root just to put on a port of the new sense.

But my dilemma is I have the Droid X and have had it since it launched so I am outside the window of 30days but really don't know if I can go without a keyboard and would really like one. But I honestly just want a Droid X with a keyboard and feel like this phone would be a small downgrade from the X
  24. Filipino.Cowboy

I don't see why people keep calling this (and the Fascinate) a mid range phone because of its 800mhz processor, though the Fascinate has a 1ghz. The 800mhz is actually faster than the previous Snapdragon 1gz. It's like comparing a P4 3.6ghz to a Core2Duo 2.6. The Core2Duo is actually faster despite the ghz rating. That actually scares me because Bing is rumored to only be on mid range phones, not the high end. So unless Verizon is going to release some super duper phones after this one (that blow this out of the water), looks like Bing can make it to any phone.

But back to what you were saying, the only downgrade there would be is screen size (I assume), and your preference of NinjaBlur to Sense.