Let's make $$ with our laggy Heros!

Last Updated:

1. pingcharlie

pingcharlie Active Member This Topic's Starter

While waiting 30 seconds (after hitting 'Send' to place a call on my Hero I came up with an idea for everyone on this forum to make $.

Here's my idea: let's develop an app that shows ads during the 20-30 lag some of us have everytime we try to place a call. Just think about it, we will get rich!

So, who will code this?

See how I saw the glass half full?

:eek:)

Advertisement
    Joehunni likes this.
  2. Guitardoc64

Guitardoc64 Well-Known Member

:DAh! An Idea for an app to make with appinventor!!:D

3. Joshewah

Joshewah Member

OR... you could root your phone, skip the Stock BS, install a custom rom, like Darchdroid, and realize what an awesome phone the hero actually is.

jxr94 likes this.
  4. infernosoft

infernosoft Member

Does darchdroid provide an alternate Dialer app?

5. Joshewah

Joshewah Member

No idea, I have Ic3rom installed at the moment, but you could always push your dialer apk of choice via adb to your Hero and the problem is solved.

6. infernosoft

infernosoft Member

I can't seem to find any good third party Dialers. I'm running DamageControl, and the stock Dialer is still laggy at times.

7. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

I would say let them forget about the ads, and have them fix the issues, If I want to see ads I will watch TV LOL

ifloydian likes this.
  8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

problem with this....
    1. someone will think your ad-app is causing the delay so they are forced to see the ad!!!

2. the caller will be upset because of the delay.. and any ad that shows up will be tainted with his/her negative bias.

loosing idea! thats my take on it. :p

9. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

Darch uses the same dialer as far as I know, but there is no (significant) lag when dialing any more.
    At least not for me.

YMMV, but I highly recommend it.

10. njf128

njf128 New Member

My phone was absolute garbage after I got the update. It took 30 seconds to place a call and sometimes it would get pressed a few times and call the same contact 3-4 times in a row. I also kept having crackling/blown speakers.

I got tired of visiting the store for the speaker issue and called sprint customer care. The first customer service rep agreed that it was ridiculous and promised a new device suspecting the issue being that the phone was a refurbished unit. This was in fact an empty promise. The second phone call lead me to the same promise and a week later, nothing. I was told on the third call that I had to pick up the REFURB from the store, which I refused. Well, I'm happy to say that I finally received a NEW phone, not a refurb and the phone is excellent!!!

This might not belong in this thread, but I didn't think it was necessary to start a new one. Sorry if it's a hijack...newbie here.

ifloydian and dan330 like this.
  11. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Darchdroid uses the aosp dialer instead of the stock HTC, it is known by most for being far less laggy.

aceofspades626 likes this.