• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lets root this thing.

ZDcHR.png

Just gonna leave this here.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
And When Can That Happen If i May Ask?

Oh, there's no telling...root for the Quattro must be first achieved before a custom recovery can be developed.

Lots of very interested folks trying to figure-out the root thing...have a scan at the prior pages for all of the ideas and avenues already discussed and attempted.

Thanks!

Reactions: spanky0323
Upvote 0
Hello! First time poster here. Excellent forum. Forgive my ignorance, I really don't know much of anything about the technology of android. Just curious to see if anybody has gotten closer to finding out how to root this phone yet? Thanks so much for all your knowledge and help!!

Welcome to the AndroidForums, theadvocate9.

I don't think there have been any breakthroughs yet...keep watching here in case some enterprising and industrious member finds or creates something--I'm betting you'll hear about it here and elsewhere.

Cheers and again, thanks for signing-up with us :).

Reactions: Rxpert83 and LilBit
Upvote 0
So got jack squat...

Tried every out of the box method including manually running the known methods @ shell just to be sure. I tried everything from zergrush to exploid to freenexus. There's really not much for 2.3.7 anyways but I tried it even if it wasn't specifically for gingerbread.

Superoneclick works for the samsung devices and many others, the xperia @ 2.3.7 has been rooted so 2.3.7 probably isn't bulletproof. Superoneclick uses the proven methods so it does not root the coolpad currently.

If someone could get giantpune to try for the coolpad is the only hope I see for now. (not volunteering anyone by any means, just a suggestion.)

http://androidforums.com/elite-all-things-root/612914-optimus-elite-root-apk.html

I'd gladly switch back to this device if it's rooted, it's not a bad device for $80. I need a rooted device to work with so I switched to the optimus but I miss the way the quattro is laid out. My guess is that there are a lot of coolpad quattro users by now but if that's true, there should be more requests by now to see it rooted.

I also effectively screwed up the coolpad I have by testing the cp.rom the phone looks for, don't do it. It no longer has provisioning. It also has no wifi or cdma capabilities now.

Just my 2 cents

radford

Upvote 0
tried the above script and fails at mounting file system.

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

Do not disconnect USB cable from device.
Pushing files...
2066 KB/s (2005736 bytes in 0.948s)
1425 KB/s (91980 bytes in 0.063s)
2018 KB/s (570342 bytes in 0.276s)
Changing permissions...

Rebooting...
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied

Rebooting...

Mounting root file system...
mount: Operation not permitted
Remounting /system writable...
mount: Operation not permitted
Installing busybox...
cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/xbin/busybox: not found
busybox: permission denied
Installing su and setting permissions...
busybox: permission denied
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
Cleaning temporary files...
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory

Finished. Rebooting phone...

Another thing, metro is not even advertising this phone any more, so it looks like this phone is dead. I'm gonna be looking for another phone in the next few weeks :(

Reactions: spanky0323
Upvote 0
Yeah, Vol Up + Power takes you to some usb mode (make sure the usb cable is not plugged in before doing so), but we don't have the drivers for that mode. I have looked everywhere, foreign and domestic and have not found them. I did however get the via usb modem drivers installed, just reinstalled the Samsung Usb Drivers For Mobile Phones HERE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones