Let's see your desktop!

Last Updated:

1. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

Thanks my man. Not too bad for a first attempt. I'm amazed at how boss rainmeter is. How did I just find out about this haha

Advertisement
  2. WormDoes

Updated, like this wp more
    [​IMG]
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Whats all the sidebar stuff going on there? I like it.
  4. McLabia

McLabia Well-Known Member

Was just about to ask the same. I just installed Mint and I wanted to see what all the hooplah was about. lol.
  5. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

On the left is the Unity bar and on the right is Conky.

Conky is extremely customizable and flexible, intimidatingly so. There is a thread here with several configuration scripts people have put together, the one I am using is in there somewhere.
    SUroot likes this.
  6. SUroot

Thanks, I did find out about Conky yesterday but the off-the-shelf look made me unsure if it was the same. I'll check out that thread!
  7. baillou2

baillou2 Well-Known Member

Conky is my drug. I've already posted this pic but check this screenshot out. It's actually about 14 individual config files that I initialize with a shell script on start up.

Attached Files:

johnlgalt and SUroot like this.
  8. SUroot

hahaha. That looks awesome.
  9. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

Pupplets Rock, but I really hate how they are so reliant on desktop icons. for ancient computers though, puppy kicks major ass.
  10. SUroot

I did it!

Had to remove some stuff like HDD space (I dont need to monitor this) and 3 top processes to gte it to fit...

[​IMG]
  11. thatguy188

thatguy188 Well-Known Member

Nothing too fancy.

Windows 7 x64

[​IMG]
  12. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 Well-Known Member

13. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

pretty sweet looking
    SUroot likes this.
  14. SUroot

Thanks to bluenova for pointing me in the direction of vinDSLs scripts :)
  15. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

11.04 Alpha 3? You're not still running that are you?

A question about Conky (that's what you are displaying there right?). Can it be configured to show only specified reports? I'm normally not interested in monitoring processes on the deskltop, but would love to have the weather, time and calendar up all the time. I run a low power right so running multiple widgets is not a proper solution. conky configured this way would be great though. Any thoughts?

Below is my current Desktop (Linux Mint 11). I would love to have docky running on the right of the screen as decribed above.

[​IMG]
  16. SUroot

No the alpha 3 is just coded in the script and I didn't remove it. It is 11.04 though.

Conky is very configurable. I don't know how to do what you want but surely if you know how to write scripts, it would be possible?
  17. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

[​IMG]

Windows 7 + rainmeter. It's subtle but there are notes and system settings to the right.

The Photoshop, Word, Notepad, CCleaner and uTorrent icons are clickable, thanks to rainmeter.
    johnlgalt and NightAngel79 like this.
  18. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member

Back with a new wallpaper after the HD in my Mac died. Took it apart, put a 2TB drive in there and I'm back up and running. :p
  19. WormDoes

[​IMG]

My love for Minimal Android has carried over to my PC
  20. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

After the rebuild, I could not find appropriately sized images that I had before.

So, I submit to you my new one - GT-R Cobra.

[​IMG]
  21. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member

Finally got around to doing something with Rainmeter. Not a bad first attempt in my opinion.

[​IMG]

Details are here.
  22. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

OK, so it was time for some new images....

Desktop.JPG
  23. SUroot

24. jraskell

jraskell Well-Known Member

Here's my desktop, layout may appear a bit odd at first glance, but it's a triple display setup, and I keep the center display desktop completely empty as my primary workspace, and the taskbar runs down the left side of my right display.

The wallpaper is a portion of the Orion Nebula image taken by the Hubble telescope.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Mageia 1 with Openbox, Audacious, Tint2 panel, and conky, which I can never find the right one to use.

[​IMG]