• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets start over

Bierklak

Lurker
Mar 8, 2013
Ok, i have decided to buy a new Acer Gallant E350 Solo.
I want to root it again, but with a backup this time.
My mistake was that i just rooted it without making a backup or/and installing clockworkmod.

I followed a tutorial where they explain how to root and install clockworkmod on the Gallant.
But i can't find it anymore. So my question is, does someone have a good tutorial for me?

And should i make a backup before rooting or straight after?

PS: which custom roms are compatible with my device?

not all phones have a development community. you can look here to see if there is:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/

i could not find it.
without a development community actively hacking and digging into that device. there may not be any good root process or ROMs for that device.
normally only top brands and highend devices have a large enough following to get an active development community.

using generic rooting options.. maybe very risky (more than normal). that can cause all kinds of issues.. including destroying your new device.

you can not do a real-full backup of the OS & data without access to full ROOT. so that means.. you can only do one after rooting the device.
1st Root
2nd backup
3rd flash new ROM
4th backup as needed before each change.

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones