• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lets talk printing.....again!

I have a HP ePrint printer and the app 'HP ePrint Home&Biz'.
So I can send MS docs, PDFs, .txt and pictures from my phone to the printer over WiFi.

Pictures and PDFs goes directly to the printer, the others go to a HP server (file rendering), back to the phone and then over WiFi to the printer. Without DSL internt you'd have to use your phone's data connection.

Harry

Reactions: jhsatt
Upvote 0
thanks harry2. so to be clear, the xoom wifi and the hp wifi printer when near each other will comunicate. is that with a router?

I think you'd need a WiFi router for to build a home network with the WiFi printer.

For to connect the PC to the home network the PC could be connect to the router by LAN cable

Harry

Reactions: jhsatt
Upvote 0
I think you'd need a WiFi router for to build a home network with the WiFi printer.

Harry

I have this too. Wifi router with a C310A wireless printer. You can use the ePrint app to print. Or, when you setup the printer, HP assigns it an email address. You can email documents and pictures to your printer. I also use this to print out emails. I just forward any emails to the printer's email address and they print out.

Reactions: Harry2 and jhsatt
Upvote 0
valor, for the printer to have an email address does it need a internet connection? or is something coming from my 3g xoon to make this happen? Remember this is stand alone, no dsl, no computer. I hope I'm not talking in circles. I might be making this more complicated then it need be. thanks

Upvote 0
valor, for the printer to have an email address does it need a internet connection? or is something coming from my 3g xoon to make this happen? Remember this is stand alone, no dsl, no computer. I hope I'm not talking in circles. I might be making this more complicated then it need be. thanks

You need internet connection of some type. The printer connects up to HP's server to obtain the email address during setup.

Upvote 0
... I also use this to print out emails. I just forward any emails to the printer's email address and they print out.

Thanks for mentioning this about forwarding emails :)

Up to now I didn't let the printer obtains its email address from @hpeprint.com.
Because it won't be necessary when you use the WiFi home network for sending MS docs, PDFs and pictures from phone to the printer.
And so you won't need an internet connection in the home network.

But for printing emails, that fowarding to the printer's email address is a smart way :) Because you'll get not just plain text printed but the original formatting of the email.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones