Let's talk screen protectors!Tips

1. rawhide85

rawhide85 Well-Known Member

Just wanted a dedicated thread for screen protectors. I've always used Zagg, Clear-Coat, or BodyGuardz with my devices but the N3 has such a beautiful screen, that I what to try a glass protector. I'm considering the iLoome ScreenMate Flex. It is available for pre-order at $16.99 USD. Does anyone have any experience with iLoome products? Also, is the N3 screen perfectly flat to allow a glass protector?
    Link:
    iloome Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector - Premium Flexible Glass

Advertisement
    The_Chief and Mdraej99 like this.
  2. jetguat

jetguat Well-Known Member

Never tried one. With the gorilla glass on my bionic. I felt it should last. It has. Nice graphics on the add though. Would have to see/feel it on a device before I plunked down about $20 on it
  3. droidobsessed

droidobsessed Well-Known Member

rawhide85 likes this.
  4. rawhide85

obsessed- I saw you post, just wanted to have a dedicated SP thread. I'm actually going to try the Flex version. For only $!6.99 it's worth a try.
  5. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Well-Known Member

I really like this screen protector. I have never heard of this company. Thanks for posting.
    rawhide85 likes this.
  6. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Ha, this is the one I preordered!

I'm not sure if I want to spend $80 for the S-window case, and I want as slim a profile as possible. I figure since the nice faux-leather back is replaceable if it ever gets worn or too dirty, I'll be fine with just a nice screen protector.

I'm not even sure the N3 needs a protector, but it's probably best to be on the safe side.
    rawhide85 likes this.
  7. rawhide85

Yep, just ordered my Flex today. This will be my first glass protector. I have always used a SP. Another benefit is resale value.
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Normally I wouldn't use a screen protector,but,I ordered this one.
    As GORILLA GLASS isn't perfect,I have developed a small flawed area on my HTC ONE.

While the flaw isn't deep,or noticeable during use,it's noticeable in dark screen situations,w/light reflecting on it.

Is there some sort of 'coating' on the GG that could be wearing/improperly applied during the mfg process? :confused:

I say a flaw,as it's not scratched,simiar to haze from moisture,yet,doesn't wipe away when cleaned.

For this reason,I've decided to go w/this level of protection on the NOTE 3.
    Being that it'll have the same look/feel of stock,it seems like the best choice.
  9. xaelith

xaelith Well-Known Member

I have a couple similar spots on the screen of my Q; they appeared shortly after the screen impacted a hard object, or vice-versa (one I think may have been a sharp rock, as there's a very minor scratch that seems to cut one area in two; the other was me being impatient :p).
    KOLIO likes this.
  10. droidobsessed

droidobsessed Well-Known Member

I just preordered mine last night :)
    rawhide85 likes this.
  11. RickSchlegel

RickSchlegel Well-Known Member

As a (soon to be) new Note user, I'd be interested to know if anybody has experienced S Pen operating problems when using a particular brand of screen protector? Specifically, anybody ever notice a tip offset big enough to be bothersome? I assume none of them have problems with pen scratching?
  12. Geidroid

Geidroid Well-Known Member

I wanted to make a thread on this after having spent some time with our screen protectors. I purchased the iBlason matte screen protector from Amazon and I am not happy with it. The Sharper Image made the best matte SP. Sadly this one does not measure up. It scratches easily and leaves a rainbow Haze on the screen. So it's thumbs down from me.

I've heard you guys talking about the tempered glass SP.
    Anyone have a link and review?

What other SP are you wonderful people using?
    And what do you think about it?
  13. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Well-Known Member

I just ordered my first tempered glass ...iloome
    I saw it first on here
  14. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

Running the crappy cheapo Verizon ones right now so interested in what everyone has to say - subscribed.
  15. missy brown

missy brown Well-Known Member

I got the zagg hd my screens looks very bright and nice
  16. KOLIO

I have this:

iloome Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector - Premium Flexible Glass

However,I'm not going to install just yet,as I'm awaiting delivery of this:

Welcome to Liquid Glass Protection - Crystalusion

As I mentioned in another thread,this is an either/or scenario,the two together will adversly affect screen responsiveness.

I'm hoping the latter proves to provide enough protection,since edge peeling wouldn't be a factor in choosing a case/frequent case removal/installation.

I'll update when the CRYSTALUSION arrives,ETA 10/16/13. :)
    Byair likes this.
  17. john248

john248 Well-Known Member

This is the same one I went with; unfortunately, it's backordered until the 18th.
  18. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I'm planning on having Ghost Armor installed if I ever get my case.
    KOLIO likes this.
  19. KOLIO

THX dontpanicbobby ! :thumb:

Just ordered the Clear GHOST ARMOR/Back Only:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  20. TulsaTime

TulsaTime Well-Known Member

i ordered the flexible glass from iloome and when i opened it to put it on my phone there was no screen protector in the package
  21. Geidroid

Geidroid Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. I hoped you emailed them about it. They will do the right thing.

Quick question. I can't decide between the tempered glass and the matte Armor. Has anyone tried the matte Armor?
  22. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

23. DroidL

DroidL Well-Known Member

I actually like the Verizon ones, had them on my last several phones, no orange peal or stickness and they last like crazy.