• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's talk screen protectors!

rawhide85

Sep 23, 2011
South Florida
Just wanted a dedicated thread for screen protectors. I've always used Zagg, Clear-Coat, or BodyGuardz with my devices but the N3 has such a beautiful screen, that I what to try a glass protector. I'm considering the iLoome ScreenMate Flex. It is available for pre-order at $16.99 USD. Does anyone have any experience with iLoome products? Also, is the N3 screen perfectly flat to allow a glass protector?
Link:
iloome Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector - Premium Flexible Glass

Just wanted a dedicated thread for screen protectors. I've always used Zagg, Clear-Coat, or BodyGuardz with my devices but the N3 has such a beautiful screen, that I what to try a glass protector. I'm considering the iLoome ScreenMate Flex. It is available for pre-order at $16.99 USD. Does anyone have any experience with iLoome products? Also, is the N3 screen perfectly flat to allow a glass protector?
Link:

Never tried one. With the gorilla glass on my bionic. I felt it should last. It has. Nice graphics on the add though. Would have to see/feel it on a device before I plunked down about $20 on it

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Ha, this is the one I preordered!

I'm not sure if I want to spend $80 for the S-window case, and I want as slim a profile as possible. I figure since the nice faux-leather back is replaceable if it ever gets worn or too dirty, I'll be fine with just a nice screen protector.

I'm not even sure the N3 needs a protector, but it's probably best to be on the safe side.

Reactions: rawhide85
Upvote 0
Ha, this is the one I preordered!

I'm not sure if I want to spend $80 for the S-window case, and I want as slim a profile as possible. I figure since the nice faux-leather back is replaceable if it ever gets worn or too dirty, I'll be fine with just a nice screen protector.

I'm not even sure the N3 needs a protector, but it's probably best to be on the safe side.

Yep, just ordered my Flex today. This will be my first glass protector. I have always used a SP. Another benefit is resale value.

Upvote 0
Normally I wouldn't use a screen protector,but,I ordered this one.
As GORILLA GLASS isn't perfect,I have developed a small flawed area on my HTC ONE.

While the flaw isn't deep,or noticeable during use,it's noticeable in dark screen situations,w/light reflecting on it.

Is there some sort of 'coating' on the GG that could be wearing/improperly applied during the mfg process? :thinking:

I say a flaw,as it's not scratched,simiar to haze from moisture,yet,doesn't wipe away when cleaned.

For this reason,I've decided to go w/this level of protection on the NOTE 3.
Being that it'll have the same look/feel of stock,it seems like the best choice.

Upvote 0
...I say a flaw,as it's not scratched,simiar to haze from moisture,yet,doesn't wipe away when cleaned.

I have a couple similar spots on the screen of my Q; they appeared shortly after the screen impacted a hard object, or vice-versa (one I think may have been a sharp rock, as there's a very minor scratch that seems to cut one area in two; the other was me being impatient :p).

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I wanted to make a thread on this after having spent some time with our screen protectors. I purchased the iBlason matte screen protector from Amazon and I am not happy with it. The Sharper Image made the best matte SP. Sadly this one does not measure up. It scratches easily and leaves a rainbow Haze on the screen. So it's thumbs down from me.

I've heard you guys talking about the tempered glass SP.
Anyone have a link and review?

What other SP are you wonderful people using?
And what do you think about it?

Upvote 0
I have this:

However,I'm not going to install just yet,as I'm awaiting delivery of this:

Welcome to Liquid Glass Protection - Crystalusion

As I mentioned in another thread,this is an either/or scenario,the two together will adversly affect screen responsiveness.

I'm hoping the latter proves to provide enough protection,since edge peeling wouldn't be a factor in choosing a case/frequent case removal/installation.

I'll update when the CRYSTALUSION arrives,ETA 10/16/13. :)

Reactions: Byair
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones