• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's talk screen protectors!

I recently got the amFilm Samsung Note 3 Premium Screen Protector and tried them out. I am pleasantly surprised with the product! The clarity and feel are excellent as is the fitment. The kit was very nice and included everything you need for a successful and clean install. I had the screen protector installed and bubble free within minutes of opening the packaging. The included tape for performing the hinge method of installation was very grippy and worked wonderfully. The microfiber cloth for precleaning the screen is also very nice and a good size. I also installed their HD screen protector on my Nexus 7 and am extremely pleased with those as well. I would not hesitate to recommend TechMatte's amFilm line of screen protectors to anyone looking for a screen protector for their device. Excellent quality at a great value. And they offer a free lifetime warranty their products and give free replacement if your screen protector becomes scratched or damaged.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I usually don't use screen protectors, but I am interested in one to limit the finger smudges when using my phone. Any recommendations?
Welcome to Liquid Glass Protection - Crystalusion
Did you install the crystalusion yet? When you posted about it, it made me curious about it. Probably a tough application. Seems like one spot from a fingerprint (oil) could leave an area that the product would not treat/adhere to correctly.
I'd definitely glove up for that application.
What is Crystalusion
Waiting until this weekend,when I finally will have the time to sleep-in & let the application set-up/put the phone down overnight (8hrs recommended,although the mfg says you can start using as soon as 5 minutes after application).

Well,I applied this last night & allowed 8 hrs cure time.A light 5 second buffing w/a terry cloth & it's as clear as a brand new screen.

Initial impressions aren't too bad.It's not 100% smudge/fingerprint proof as one is led to believe,but,the screen does appear to repel a lot of it.

This is enough for me to forgo using a traditional screen protector.

I'll give it a few days use & give an update mid-week w/water repel test results.

Upvote 0
Just wanted a dedicated thread for screen protectors. I've always used Zagg, Clear-Coat, or BodyGuardz with my devices but the N3 has such a beautiful screen, that I what to try a glass protector. I'm considering the iLoome ScreenMate Flex. It is available for pre-order at $16.99 USD. Does anyone have any experience with iLoome products? Also, is the N3 screen perfectly flat to allow a glass protector?
Link:
iloome Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector - Premium Flexible Glass
I have the iloome it's awesome. And easy to fit.

Upvote 0
After 4-5 days of use:

Welcome to Liquid Glass Protection - Crystalusion

I decided to perform a water repel test to see if indeed there is something to this product.

I simply covered any areas suseptible to water intrusion w/painter's tape & poured water down the face of the screen.

Practically all the water sheeted off w/o any beading/fogging/etc. so,I'm going to assume that the product is indeed providing some level of protection.

A monthly test like this should be sufficient to gauge when it's time to re-apply.
By the mfgs. claims,up to 12 months of protection can be expected.

For anyone that's interested,I'll update this on a monthly basis,as this will be the only screen protection I'll be using from here on out.

Good riddance to traditional screen protectors.....:wavey: :D

Reactions: iTzKPanda
Upvote 0
I installed the Spigen GlastR Slim yesterday and I'm very pleased with the early results. I had left the screen cover on since I got the phone so when I pulled it off I had a clean screen to start with. I viewed the YouTube videos for the install plus readings here. It went in place easily although I spent fifteen or twenty minutes working out the early bubbles with the squeegee. The screen is very vibrant and crystal clear. Finger control is fine. I tested the S-Pen and it seems to be responsive although I haven't given it a long workout (I'm not a big user of these features). It does not add noticeably to the thickness or weight of this already large phone.

It was expensive but I like the extra protection and I'm pretty pleased so far. Very pricey but I was willing to pay for maximum protection. With any luck I'm am going to leave it to others to post drop and scratch tests of this screen protection.:D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I wasn't planning on using a screen protector, but I saw the price of this tempered glass screen protector and figured it was worth a shot
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310787283233?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649&afsrc=1
So far, I am liking it a lot. It is more of a flexible glass protector, but very thin and works just fine. So far, I haven't noticed any scratching, but we'll see how it holds up a few months down the line

I'm going to check this one out too, thanks. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
I'm going to check this one out too, thanks. :thumbup:

This was my first tempered glass protector purchase. Prior to this, I had sworn by SGP. I am so happy I went with the less expensive route. Not sure how much true protection it'll give compared to the thicker options, but it truly feels as good as the stock glass and thin enough not to obstruct the case I use. so far it seems like I've managed to add protection with the minimal amount of additional size, so I am happy.

Upvote 0
I bought the Iloome premium tempered screen protector, and it fits perfectly with the Neo Hybrid case, as well as every other case I have. The only cases I can see it being a problem with are the ones that have a face covering. Didn't want to go with the Spigen GlasTR because the adhesive is too strong from my previous experience. The Iloome adhesive is just hard enough to not ever move on its own, but can be removed without cracking the screen protector(unlike the GlasTR). I had a tiny speck that showed up when I placed the Iloome protector on, and was actually surprised how easy it was to remove and put back on after cleaning the speck off with the provided tape/speck remover.
There's no reason, in my book, to pay more for the GlasTR when it doesn't show any positives over the Iloome, but that's just from my experience.

I also forgot to take a hot shower before putting the screen on. Apparently, installing the screen protector without any specks underneath it, is easier when doing it in a bathroom after taking a hot shower. Still got it speck free. Sure did make me nervous though.

Upvote 0
I also forgot to take a hot shower before putting the screen on. Apparently, installing the screen protector without any specks underneath it, is easier when doing it in a bathroom after taking a hot shower. Still got it speck free. Sure did make me nervous though.

It's nice to have a humidifier in your house isn't it.

I really need to pull the trigger on something now, do u have a link?

Now that everyone has had their glass screen protectors "for a while", how do you like them? Would you try something different if given the chance, or would you re-buy the one u have?

Upvote 0
I reported on this when I installed it. Now I have close to one month of steady use including a challenging trip to the beach (Florida panhandle). The R version has rounded edges so you would not even know there is a protector installed if you weren't told. I do have two or three small bubbles that never disappeared so for the folks that are obsessive about this should try elsewhere. At any angle that the screen can be viewed from the bubbles are invisible. I have to really, really try looking for them.

The surface stays clean. Occasionally I wipe it off on my shirt but this is rare. Fingerprints are a non-issue. Yesterday I did have to clean off some sticky residue (pecan pie???) with a damp paper towel but that was a first in nearly a month. The brilliance of the screen is impressive. I love the look. The screen is responsive at all times. I have not noticed any degradation of touch due to installation.

I have not done a drop test on it yet. I hope I never do but I'll report back if and when it occurs.

I love the oleophobic glass and vow to never go back. Reading reviews posted since my purchase I might consider the less expensive Iloome in a similar configuration (real glass, 9h, oleophobic coating) but I'm very happy with my Spigen.:D:):D:)

Reactions: Methos1979
Upvote 0
Decided to go with the Spigen GLAS.tR. It should arrive tomorrow or tuesday.
I hope I dont mess up the installation,
because I have never applied a screen protector before (normal or glass).

So the basic things to do would be;
-a hot shower (to get rid of floating dust)
-cleaning fingers and screen with alcohol swipe before starting

Anything else I should take to consideration beforehand?
Also, would the home-button be the safest place to start the alignment?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones