Lets us peek at your Screens!

1. chocmatic

chocmatic Well-Known Member

pwnst*r likes this.
  2. cnote678

cnote678 Member

I've looked around for this and found nothing so far-so it'll be huge props to anyone who can figure it out!

I hate the ugly launcher that comes with HTC Sense, but I love the weather animations. In fact, I think they're one of the coolest things the phone does. So, is there any way to keep the weather animations and change the ugly launcher?

I'm assuming only HTC will be able to change this, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
  3. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Beautiful Widgets has animated weather, but only after you open their weather portion of the app.
  4. chocmatic

xda-developers - View Single Post - Evo Themes, Mods and More! (2.1+) The Playground

make sure you back up before flashing
    cnote678 likes this.
  5. cnote678

cnote678 Member

6. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I think chocmatic is referring to something different than what you want cnote...
  7. cnote678

cnote678 Member

Yeah I think so too! But since he quoted me in it, I got all optimistic.... :D

And, do you mean that once you open weather they play until you kill the app (i.e. they'll play even if the app isn't actually open) or they just play when you open the app? I like that in Sense, as soon as you unlock the phone the weather animations play. I want the same thing basically-I mean sure, an animation in the weather app is cool, but an animation that is just automatic is AWESOME.
  8. chocmatic

I posted the launcher. Weather animation and all that should still be intact. Backup before flashing. If it doesn't work you can restore your backup. If I remember correctly the weather animation is in the clock widget apk file. I could be wrong though.
  9. cnote678

cnote678 Member

Flashing my phone sounds scary. I'd probably screw it up...I might just have to live with the stock launcher.
  10. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

11. remedy

remedy Member

What would you like to change specifically about the appearance of the HTC Sense launcher?

edit: You should probably just PM me and I can try to help you there instead of cluttering this thread.
  12. SHO_ONE

SHO_ONE Well-Known Member

So this is something I have to do for every app I wish to change... I can't just change all the icon's at once?!?!
  13. Zameus

Zameus Well-Known Member

What do you guys use to get custom icons? I was using Bettercut but my icons change back to default everytime I get a new email/mms/sms. Are there other alternatives to Bettercut?
  14. GrindingMyGears

GrindingMyGears Active Member

I believe Better Cut is not working correctly if you did the update yesterday. I'm using ADW launcher and can not get better cut to work at all. Ive emailed the developer so hopefully its fixed soon.
  15. SniperDroid

SniperDroid Well-Known Member

I would assume so, otherwise, how would it know which icons you wanted for what apps? :confused:
  16. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

There is no group change if that's what you mean. Really, it's a painless process, just do it.
  17. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

PPCGeeks - View Single Post - iPhone Icons

if you dont have 'Launcher" then download below and follow those instructions

sorry i didnt know the update did that. I cant believe sprint would remove the defualt launcher as an option wow.

youre gonna have to install the default launcher again then follow my instructions

Launcher2.apk

you have to drag the app drawer icon up to see the dock. then drag your icons down into the dock
    mms1946 likes this.
  18. Zameus

Zameus Well-Known Member

So bettercust is the best option for custom icons?
  19. mrkauffman

mrkauffman Member

Newone,

I tried installing the stock android launcher on my phone fron ur download link, it downloaded fine but something in the update does not want to let the 2.1 launcher on the phone at all.
  20. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

the greatest band ever and before flashing to fresh v.5.3

[​IMG]
  21. newone757

22. newone757

did you make sure "unknown sources" is checked Under Applications in your phone settings??

if so then Im stumped, they must really be locking the phone down, glad im already rooted and what not
  23. GrindingMyGears

GrindingMyGears Active Member

yep, its checked and not working for me either. When i try to install it, it says unable to install. This really sucks...wish i didn't update yesterday.
  24. PrO1210

PrO1210 Well-Known Member

My brother inlaw has an Evo and said he can't set a lock screen... is there a trick To this?
  25. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

menu > settings >security > set unlock pattern